No announcement yet.

The super potato store in tokyo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think of Super Potato as an over priced but convinent shop and you've got the right idea. First time you go in you see lots of stuff you want, by the time you've been there a few times you'll relaise those thigns can be gotten elsewhere for less but with a little more leg work.

I second the Nakaono option, only went there a few times myself but the stuff they had blew Super Potato out the water, prices were a little better too.

As for the Osaka branch I was not impressed. It just seemed to full to get at anything and having had access to Akiba for months Osaka's jewel was Big Tiger rather than SP.

Keep an eye out for GEOS too (not the Enlgish language school though....) as they *sometimes* have real retro bargains that Akiba and Osaka can't touch for price.

Oh yeah, RSG for £15, not gonna happen. They were always about £70-£100 while I was there last year. Better off looking at Madarake in Shibuya, I often saw it going for about £50 there.

Comment

super potato store rocks. in my experience the Osaka store was better (I preferred Den Den Town to Akihabara overall though tbh)

even if you don't buy anything it's cool just to go in and have a wander about... your eyes like 0_0

Comment

Originally posted by kuma View Post
        Think of Super Potato as an over priced but convinent shop and you've got the right idea. First time you go in you see lots of stuff you want, by the time you've been there a few times you'll relaise those thigns can be gotten elsewhere for less but with a little more leg work.

I second the Nakaono option, only went there a few times myself but the stuff they had blew Super Potato out the water, prices were a little better too.

As for the Osaka branch I was not impressed. It just seemed to full to get at anything and having had access to Akiba for months Osaka's jewel was Big Tiger rather than SP.

Keep an eye out for GEOS too (not the Enlgish language school though....) as they *sometimes* have real retro bargains that Akiba and Osaka can't touch for price.

Oh yeah, RSG for ?15, not gonna happen. They were always about ?70-?100 while I was there last year. Better off looking at Madarake in Shibuya, I often saw it going for about ?50 there.
        Nakano is great for game shopping. As well as Mandrake, there are two other second hand game shops, albeit fairly small, in Broadway. Round the back of Broadway is a Liberty. There are also four GEOs, a Rom House and a Dorama within walking distance.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
          That shop terrifies me.

I know if i ever entered id never leave, that glass case has some beauties in it MMMMmmmm. However i get the feeling that those prices are to stop people trying to buy them so they have a nice display case to look at.

Oven de cookie was going for £500 on yahoo a while back, makes it look like a bargain compared to £2000 LOL.

Hehe i spy 2 copys of wonder kitchen in there too. Luuuush (^_^)

Want that one
          What is that Dodgeball game next to the Yoshi no Cookie Oven de Cookie in this picture? 690 000 yen? Is it a world championship cart like the NES version for example?

Anyone know?

Comment

http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/くにおくんのドッジボールだよ全員集合!

But I couldn't find any reference to why it's so expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by Stroppy View Post
              What is that Dodgeball game next to the Yoshi no Cookie Oven de Cookie in this picture? 690 000 yen? Is it a world championship cart like the NES version for example?

Anyone know?
              Kunio-kun no Dodgeball da yo Zenin Shugo, gold 'not for sale' cart iirc.

Comment

Working...
              X