Yo****sune Eiyuuden (PS2, From Software): 5
    Nano Breaker (PS2, Konami): 5
    Samurai Western: Katsugeki Samurai-dou (PS2, Spiek): 6
    Death By Degrees (PS2, Namco): 5
    DOA Ultimate (Xbox, Tecmo): 7
    Project Snowblind (PS2/Xbox, Eidos): 7
    The Punisher (PS2/Xbox, THQ): 5
    Mercenaries (PS2/Xbox, LucasArts): 7

Suikoden pain... I was thinking of picking this up too.

Any interesting features?

Comment

Nothing surprising, but I'm more interested in the content!

7 for Project Snowblind is slightly disappointing. I know it's still a good score, but a certain XLove magazine gave it an incredibly positive review and I was quite hopeful for it.

No time to play though, WoW has pretty much destroyed me in just three days.

Comment

Originally posted by superkully
        Suikoden pain... I was thinking of picking this up too.
        I suspect that the review will say what their preview said, which is that it's all fine and dandy if that's what you want, but the whole thing looks and plays like a PS1 title, and is just horribly dated as RPGs go. You might just think it's traditional, however.

Comment

Originally posted by jlabarta
          Resident Evil 4 (GC, Capcom): 9
          Oh goody, that argument again.

I also see that Edge's traditional "Rate the first in a game series, then knock one point off each time they release a sequel" method is in effect for GT4. Should have seen that coming.

Comment

Originally posted by mid
            Oh goody, that argument again.

I also see that Edge's traditional "Rate the first in a game series, then knock one point off each time they release a sequel" method is in effect for GT4. Should have seen that coming.
            Well for me gt4 is the best in the series and still the best driving game I have played although others will agree so the score doesn't matter to me although I want to see what they say about it. I'm guessing it will be a case of the game not progressing much since gt3 although I think it has.

Comment

Originally posted by mid
              Y'know, if there were any truth in that, RE4 would be... what? 4/10? 3/10?

Comment

good point, pleased for Capcom they gave it a 9 and not a 8.

Thing is, if you enjoy a game who cares if Edge give it a 2 or whatever ?

Comment

You're not supposed to bring that up! These threads are for complaining about stuff that we haven't read yet!

Comment

is GT4 really a 7?

Comment

This is probably time for that "but can it do GT3" reference, isn't it? The answer is no, it can't. It can get a 7 though.

Comment

They gave it a seven in order to be different and jaded and hardcore. Which they are. Naw, probably because the game is an impressive , yet soulless simulation, with more emphasis on autophilia than actual driving pleasure? That's what the last three games were, at least. It should be pretty clear by now that GT4 was never going to be OutRun 2.

Not for me, then.

Comment

Just to back myself up, Gran Tourismo scored 10. GT2 9, and GT3 8. I'm fairly sure there are a number of other sequels that have done the same trick, too.

Comment

is it just me or are edge getting soft lately? For example

halo 2 -9
                            gta andreas -9
                            half life 2- 10
                            and now RE 4 given a 9

A couple of years ago edge would have never given these games such leniant marks

-ich will-
                            Last edited by Fake Sound of Progress; 16-02-2005, 17:05.

Comment

GT4 is same old GT with extra garnish. Which is fine by me.

Still the best in class.

Comment

Working...
                              X