Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Selling consoles

I have a problem...

I have all three next generation consoles, NGPC, DC, N64 and a DS on order.

I have recently sold my Mega Drive, SNES, Master system and am trying to sell my Saturn and have sold them without too much heart ache and am glad of the extra money in my account and space in my room.

At this moment in time Im going through a phase of organising my **** because of a new love, car and job but of course I still love my games and always will. But I feel that three consoles is just too much under my tely so I want to selloe of them. Here's my problem...

I can't! I've decided there's no way my Xbox is going due to Halo, Jet set radio future, Outrun 2 and the promise of MotoGP 3. Also it's modded so thats another reason.

My GC is looking likely but the savouring games are the remake of Zelda and Metal Gear Solid, Animal crossing, P.N.03 and the entire Resident Evil series being avaliable on it.

My PS2 was the most likely for me to sell it was just ICO, Virtua Fighter 4 Evo and Rez holding me back. I was going to keep those three games and sell the rest and the PS2 but then it was announced that MGS3 and GT4 was comming out this comming month. Hmm.

Has anyone decided to sell one of their consoles and focus on one or tried to sell one? I need help!

im forever selling my consoles............................. only to buy them back just box em up and stash em somewhereas i promise you come next payday u will be buying them again

regards
    jason

Comment

Consoles, even Xbox, are pretty small relatively speaking. So why deprive yourself? You'd get virtually nothing for selling them, but to keep them would give you many months of fun.

With a modded Xbox you can at least amalgamate older consoles into one through emulation. That's enabled me to cut clutter a little, now I have my Xbox, GC, DC, and Saturn under the TV and have put my PC Engine Duo and Multi-Mega away.

PS2 is also in the cupboard, but it will be dusted off for Wanda and the Collosus.

So yeah, keep them, and don't sell your Saturn! How could you think of getting rid of it! The thing is a marvel. I was loving Sega Rally, Daytona CCE, and Layer Section 2 on my Saturn this weekend. One of my fav ever consoles. Go onto eBay and treat it to some treasures.

Comment

Yeah, i would box them also, as you'll will play them again! I used to sell consoles but as framast3r said you do find yourself buying them back. I once had a super famicom with top titles (Super Metroid, Castlevania 4, Shadowrun, Final Fantasy 3, Goemon 2, etc, etc) and sold it, i regret it big time. Now i don't sell any of my consoles, i keep them even if i'm not playing them as i know i will go back some day and play them.

So, if i were you i would hang on to them!!

Comment

Selling consoles isn't really that hard. You think you'll miss them, but most likely won't because you'll have other things to fill your time. It is nice to have the choice, but quite often such choice becomes limiting. Lately I've been sticking to just one game and getting better and better all the time. I much prefer that kind of dedication that playing lots of games on lots of systems halfheartedly.

Comment

Whenever Ive sold consoles Ive always regretted it and brought em back again
            Dont do it , just stash em for a rainy day

Comment

keep em all!

just sell the games you dont and wont play!

Comment

Originally posted by Junko
                Whenever Ive sold consoles Ive always regretted it and brought em back again
                Dont do it , just stash em for a rainy day
                What he said. Keep 'em all!

Comment

In my younger days the only way to fund an upgrade to the next generation of consoles was to sell my entire collection. Master System - Snes, Megadrive - Playstation - Dreamcast - entered the wonderful world of full-time employment and thus I can now afford to buy without selling. What I'm trying to say is don't get rid!

Comment

Sell your GC to me

Comment

Sell them, and then buy them back, then you can contribute more to the economy mate.

Comment

How about lending them to someone, who you trust to look after them properly, and who will appreciate them.
                        This way they are there for you to take back at somepoint, and you would also be doing a good turn.

Comment

Get rid of the machines you never play and don't look back. Your favourite games are going to end up remade/re-released for a newer system anyway...

Comment

Originally posted by Kubrick
                            Get rid of the machines you never play and don't look back. Your favourite games are going to end up remade/re-released for a newer system anyway...
                            Yep

And if you want it again later, just buy another one. They're not priceless antiques

Comment

Originally posted by Kubrick
                              Amen brother - if it's no longer of any use, it gets shown the door.

Comment

Working...
                              X