X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i picked up my games in gamestation too treble hehehe

Comment

Jammy basts
      There are no foreign games of any description in our Gamestation. Does their website carry them as well? If so, I better scuttle off and check it out.

Comment

ours hasnt bn open long (couple of months) and these are the first foreign games ive seen them get in but i suppose uve just gotta get lucky hehe

Comment

I played the Area 88 sequel for the first ever time in Leeds CEX today.

Got to the end of level 3 with one credit and doubled the No.2 score. I was stood there for ages. Best 20p I've spent since buying a sealed Sega Rally off Ebay.

Things did seem a little easy though. There were tons of energy pick-ups along the way and I can't recall ever dodging shots unless a boss was on screen.

Level 2 had some nifty features though - You can blow up the little stranded cars which proved most satisfying.

Usual great Area 88 gameplay though with improved gfx and effects. I'd buy this right away if I had a Supergun or a cab.

It's a shame you can only buy weapons and not new planes though. I'd saved up my cash from the first two levels too. Grrr.

Comment

Does the sfc version require a translation guide?

Comment

Yep, absolutely terrific game (though I needed a hand written translation from a mate at the time as I got Area 88!). Definitely one of the best on the SNES, and I did manage to beat it back in the day too. Fab music as many people have noted
              From another thread. Looks like the US version for me.

Comment

Only in so much of figuring out what all the weapons do

I have Area88 here, but I also have the US manual somewhere too...
                Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by buckrogers
                  From another thread. Looks like the US version for me.
                  I've got a pretty mint US version that I'm selling if you're interested.. 8)

Comment

I love it and played it on mame

Can a PSP emulation can support this game on 32megabyte memory stick ?

Comment

it was this game that started my import obsession!!

i'll never forget about 1993 going to my mates house where his big brother was away at university, and we went in his room and played all these jap/us snes games.

this and rock,n,roll racing got a real battering that summer!

Comment

Originally posted by Legendary
                        Can a PSP emulation can support this game on 32megabyte memory stick ?
                        SNES game? The emulator and Area88 ROM take up 2MB.
                        Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

i reckon so

Comment

Holy thread resurection Batman!

Still reckon it's the best horizontal shmup around, it has everything, pure classic Capcom and unlike many shmups of the era looking back it remains both fun & fair.

Comment

I think that Area 88 was one of the greatest shoot emup's ever released and held that title for me untill the release of Gradius 5 on the PS2.

As someone else said, it had everything , I also loved the fact that it was sort of non linear and you could select your mission's from a map instead of just going from level to level ina linear fashion.It gave you the chance to build up your cash and then get a better plane before trying out the harder missions again.

Absolute classic capcom, from an era where they seemed they could do no wrong, in fact they did not do wrong on the Super famicom imo.

Comment

Speaking of the marvelous UN Squadron, I came across another horizontal Capcom shooter the other day called Eco Fighters. It looks really solid so far although I only played for a couple of minutes. It seems to have a similar level of quality as UN Squadron. As traditional Capcom shooters are pretty thin on the ground I thought it was interesting. Anyone else played it?

Comment

Working...
                                X