The "It's so bad, it's funny" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The "It's so bad, it's funny" thread

Apologies if a similar thread is kicking about, I couldn't seem to find it when searching, hence the creation of this one.

Virtua Striker 3 - JPN GameCube

Awful, awful game; sluggish, cumbersome controls and no real skill required other than to hit "B" to disposses an opposing player (you can hit the tackle button about 10-yards from the player and STILL retreive the ball, similarly the opposition can do the same), retain said ball, pass, then shoot from anywhere in the opposing half, get it on target and 7/10 it'll end up in the back of the 'net.

Doesn't matter if your one-on-one with the keeper, somehow the defender will make an extraordinary 10-yard sliding tackle and disposses you, just as you pull the trigger; a truly amazing feat.

The very minor redeeming factor for this is that your 40-yard strikes can look mighty impressive sailing past the keeper, beyond that though, I can't believe AV produced such a turd of a game.

Ballistics on the PC.
    Its a wipeout/f-zero ripoff, and the track does go by quite fast...unfortunately there is absolutely no requirement at all for the player to steer. Your futuristic bike thing (tm) follows the track automatically. I hope whoever thought that would be a good idea in a racing game has now been taken outside and shot, or perhaps even deported to wales.
    I imagine I would find it less funny if I hadn't paid ?1 for it from HMV, who had an entire shelf full of them

Comment

"Whoops"

Comment

Hrelsvelgr (aka Jet Ion GP)

Another Wipeout sort of game. Stunning framerate. Unique playability. Interesting graphical design. Hilarious.

Comment

When I go to someone's house, I take this game. And leave it in their collection. 7 days later, they've died with a horrific expression on their face. Coincidence? I think not.

Good call on Hresvelgr, I gave it away to Marcus. And he's left an import gaming site. Again, coincidence? :\

Comment

Cruisin' USA N64.

Two word Spinal Tap review: "****tin' USA".

Demolition Man 3D0.

Priceless. The FPS sections are amongst the most insanity-provoking things I've ever experienced (and you lurch around like a drunken Glaswegian: in "thought-provoking" lycra). And the one-on-one beat-'em-up level climaxes are "unique". And Stallone "running on the spot" against a green screen for the FMV...

Wee has been known to come out my willy. "Simon says... die!" Yes, please...

ECW Hardcore Revolution DC

Make the fattest, gayest wrestler you can in the editor, and then proceed to only use one move for every bout - the "fey kick up the bum".

Four grown men were crying in a liquid pool of giggles whilst we did this. Literally for half an hour. I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard. I herniated.

Comment

There has been a thread like this before as it happens.

Oh, San Francisco Rush on the N64, for the music if nothing else.

Comment

Originally posted by Bleeders
                Apologies if a similar thread is kicking about, I couldn't seem to find it when searching, hence the creation of this one.

Virtua Striker 3 - JPN GameCube

Awful, awful game; sluggish, cumbersome controls and no real skill required other than to hit "B" to disposses an opposing player (you can hit the tackle button about 10-yards from the player and STILL retreive the ball, similarly the opposition can do the same), retain said ball, pass, then shoot from anywhere in the opposing half, get it on target and 7/10 it'll end up in the back of the 'net.

Doesn't matter if your one-on-one with the keeper, somehow the defender will make an extraordinary 10-yard sliding tackle and disposses you, just as you pull the trigger; a truly amazing feat.

The very minor redeeming factor for this is that your 40-yard strikes can look mighty impressive sailing past the keeper, beyond that though, I can't believe AV produced such a turd of a game.
                Probably in the minority but I have to say I quite enjoy having a bash at this game, sure its not very realistic and can be frustating often, but as an arcade game its a pretty good blast.
                I enjoyed Virtua Striker 2 on the DC as well.
                Hoping that Virtua Striker 4 will come out on the GC as well, although I'd probably have to import as I don't reckon it'll get a PAL release.

Comment

Captain Silver on the Master System was an awful game that we always slated but always found ourselves playing it late into the night.

Comment

damn, what was that game that was a Wipeout rip-of on the N64 ...

was it Aerogauge....yeh that sounds about right

a rental was bad enough, pissed off i made the journey to Blockbusters and paid ?3.50 to rent that ****, hahaa

and Mission Impossible on the N64 (which shortly came to the PS not long after) After the huge huge huge success, Infrogrames thought they could better that.....instead they created a huge piece of tripe....and the sequel which came out not tooo long ago was even worse

Comment

sonic adventure - dreamcast
                      the only thing funny about this game is the fact people actually like it!

Comment

Smashing Drive. If my hate filled memory serves, then the xbox and gameboy versions were identical. Not Namco's finest hour...

Comment

Max Payne on PS2. Until you've tried playing through the game on that platform, you've not experienced frustration quite how you can do.

Comment

Surely Night Trap on the Mega CD.

It's barely a game but so full of 80s charm I can't help but love it.

Comment

Sniper 2 on ps2.

you need to buy it just to see the power of the emotion engine

Comment

Working...
                              X