The "It's so bad, it's funny" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Concept
    Max Payne on PS2. Until you've tried playing through the game on that platform, you've not experienced frustration quite how you can do.
    Yeah, MP on the PS2 is terrible. Playing the vastly superior PC version several months later drove that point home even further.

Comment

The fact that Golden Fighter, Sonic adventure, Virtua Striker 2 & Mansion of the Hidden Souls are amongst my real all time favourite games means I cannot participate here

Comment

I really liked the Striker games for DC & GC too.
        I loved watching the replays where u get a lovely rainbow coloured trail as the ball travels into the net!!

Comment

I can't believe Bleeders of all people slating Striker on GC - If you and a mate play this game over a period of time it really, really grows on you and becomes something a bit special - Sure, I can see how it's a bit ****ty on the surface but some real PLAY could come out of it (not strategy - play - it's an arcade game thing )

I still have some of our best replays on my memory card.

And Sonic Adventure ? My God that game was a thing of joy at launch - Playing thruogh the Japanese version with no faq or anything was a true test of "go everywhere, speak to everyone, do everything".

And seeing that whale for the first time - OMG. And the music.

This is meant to be so bad it's funny - I was thinking Final Fight Streetwise, The Bouncer and most other attempts to bring the classic Streets Of Rage gameplay into the 3D arena.

Comment

Myst (all of them), those games just don't do it for me. With uninspiring narrative, graphics and overall gameplay, it's all ****ing mind numbing to tell you the truth.

Comment

Can I be first to mention Rise Of The Robots ?

Comment

I remember playing N64 Superman with some friends, with a lot of beer and we had some great fun because it was so so incredibly bad !

Originally posted by Yoshimax-UK
                Can I be first to mention Rise Of The Robots ?
                good one, I know someone who actually said it was THE best fighting game he ever played.... I checked it out, saw it and asked him if this was the very first fighting game he has ever layed eyes on..... what a turd of a game that was..

Comment

Shaq Fu. Horrible fighting game that featured everybody's favorite basketball player.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshimax-UK
                    I can't believe Bleeders of all people slating Striker on GC - If you and a mate play this game over a period of time it really, really grows on you and becomes something a bit special - Sure, I can see how it's a bit ****ty on the surface but some real PLAY could come out of it (not strategy - play - it's an arcade game thing )

I still have some of our best replays on my memory card.

And Sonic Adventure ? My God that game was a thing of joy at launch - Playing thruogh the Japanese version with no faq or anything was a true test of "go everywhere, speak to everyone, do everything".

And seeing that whale for the first time - OMG. And the music.

This is meant to be so bad it's funny - I was thinking Final Fight Streetwise, The Bouncer and most other attempts to bring the classic Streets Of Rage gameplay into the 3D arena.
                    I'll give you that mate.

I didn't get to play against a human opponent on this, since none of my mates would go near it when I showed em' the 40-yard strikes.

I might've been a tad harsh on it in retrospect, but for me, it stays in the "...so bad, it's good" category.

Comment

How about Thrill Kill on the PSOne?

Wasn't this the infamous game that never got released due to the nature of the title?

I remember my cousin bringing it over, sticking it on, and us laughing like goons for the next couple at hours at the sheer absurdity and ****eness of it. At the time, we couldn't decide if it was the best game ever made or the worst game ever made masquerading as the best game ever made.

Comment

My dad came back with the pc version of rise of the robots he got at a car boot sale

It really is terrible

Hopefully nothing that bad can do well again.

Oh a bad game that was unreleased in the arcades tattoo assasins playable on mame and really really bad (also has a great history for it )

Comment

Bad Dudes Vs Dragon Ninja on the NES. The Spectrum-style colour scheme and graphics (which probably were re-used spectrum graphics, knowing Ocean), laughable speech samples and 80s macho nonsense really do it for me.

Comment

Originally posted by elkatas
                            Shaq Fu. Horrible fighting game that featured everybody's favorite basketball player.
                            i loved that game

Comment

Originally posted by doodledude
                              Probably in the minority but I have to say I quite enjoy having a bash at this game, sure its not very realistic and can be frustating often, but as an arcade game its a pretty good blast.
                              I enjoyed Virtua Striker 2 on the DC as well.
                              Hoping that Virtua Striker 4 will come out on the GC as well, although I'd probably have to import as I don't reckon it'll get a PAL release.
                              Deffo, Virtua Striker 2000.1 on DC is a great game, my friend who also digs it big time once described it as the Dragons Lair of football games. I still play whatever the new one is whenever down the arcade, cool stuff.

Comment

Megarace on the PC. Bwahahahaaaaa!

Comment

Working...
                                X