No announcement yet.

Elite on GBA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just been playing this on the emu. Very nice. I can't afford a flash linker at the moment though. ft: Wish they would release Elite officially as a cartridge.

Wicked game.

Comment

How are you doing? I've been on it since I got up (1hr ago) and am cruising at over 1000 creds .

Saving up for that docking computer

Comment

If you're forced to play it on the PC, you may as well use the windows port for time being, unless you're planning on copying over the save game to the GBA when you get that linker cable.

Dave's site

Comment

6hrs in I'm on 9000 credits, have Military Laser, ECM, Large Cargo Bay and the all important Docking Computer.

Status - Clean
          Rating - Above Average

I'm playing on the emu so I can keep my saved game when my linker arrives (tomorrow - ordered on Thursday - next day delivery my arse)

Isn't there some kind of instant dock option, instead of watching the DC run thorugh its approach?

Comment

2 Point, in the game, go to options/game options and select instant doc.

4 hrs in,

Status - Fugitive
            Rating - Competent

Military lazers front + rear (for running away from missiles)
            And the rest..

I'm on the emu as well, but those linkers are expensive.

For me though, the best part of the game is definately the beginning. Once you've got all the stuff, the idea of raking up another 6000 kills seems kinda daunting..

Comment

Cheers Mutley, I really should read the manual/readme.

Linker may be expensive, but this game is the only reason I have bought one. I spent xxx hours on this game when I was 13/14. Stuff Mario, this is true gaming

Comment

Been playing this for a few more hours today and still can't find the Generation Ships .

Competent

Time for bed.

Comment

You can change the graphics to wireframe, they show up a bit better on a real GBA, but I've recently added a brighter palette for the solid gfx too. There's an option to instant dock as well, but you need to buy the docking cpu first. All these things can be changed in the imaginatively named "options" menu

Comment

Linker arrived and installed, eventually........

Handheld Elite is superb, the d-pad isn't as easy/nice to control with as four fully independant cursor keys, but it's a close run thing.

Up to comptent and with the milatary laser able to up my status to fugative and carry some bad ass drugs without getting hammered by the cops.

Comment

Working...
                    X