No announcement yet.

Your recommended PS2 games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I sincerely hope Gregory Horror Show has been mentioned...

Comment

i'm glad shadow of memories was mentioned, that game is really underrated

you should be able to pick it up really cheap as well

Comment

I'd just like to say that I'm also a big fan of Shadow of Memories, I love the chapter style setting, I love the time travel story, the only thing I dont' like is that its more like a interactive movie, really, there are only 2 real decisions you make in the entire game, ( to get the different endings), and all the tasks in between are unbelievably obvious.

BUT! It's still great for some reason!!!!

Comment

ico is very dull, only buy it if your a hardcore rpg fan especially as its hard to find now and costs about ?60

-vice city- one the highlights of this generation, although the xbox version is superior the ps2 version is still bloody good and will cost you just a tenner. Ignore the poor sequal.

-parappa the rapper 2- cheesy rapping from the worlds most shootable dog, one hell of a game.

-capcom fighting jam- excellent fighter from capcom, feels and plays a bit like the alpha games.

-snk v capcom- much better than capcom v snk 2, great fighter.

-metal slug 3- you have to have an excuse not to buy it

-gunbird 1&2- rrp:9.99p now there ain't no reasons not to buy two great shooters on one disk

Comment

Originally posted by muse hunter
            ico is very dull, only buy it if your a hardcore rpg fan especially as its hard to find now and costs about ?60
            ?!? I won't get in to a debate on the quality of ICO (I love it) but why would a hardcore RPG fan love it? It's more of a 'platform-adventure' type affair.

Comment

Devil May Cry 3

God Of War

Timesplitters 3

Ico is a quite rightly a classic- enchanting atmosphere!

God Of War is the must have title of the moment though!

Comment

Originally posted by kingston lj
                God Of War
                .....sole reason I am in the market for a US PS2.

Comment

Originally posted by samoht
                  ?!? I won't get in to a debate on the quality of ICO (I love it) but why would a hardcore RPG fan love it? It's more of a 'platform-adventure' type affair.
                  Agreed. That bit of muse hunter's post puzzled me as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Jusatsushi
                    Dark Chronicle (pal title) and Dark Cloud 2 (ntsc) are the same game. Both VT2 and SoM are pretty old but definately on PS2. Shadow of Memories had a different ntsc title too though (forgot what it was now).
                    Called Shadow of Destiny. Very short game but good story. If you do play this game, it will be for story only, because the gameplay is ****e. You are timed the whole way, so you don't even get a chance to explore and soak up the sights. You're just going to rush through it, which also makes the game last very short.

And if you're searching gamespot for Virtua Tennis 2, it's called Sega Sports Tennis 2k2. Although personally, I think Smash Court Tennis Pro Tournament 2, or Roland Garros 2005 are better tennis games.

Also, I never understood the hype behind Ico. The graphics did not look very nice for one, it was very bright at times, and low res. The combat was devoid of any strategy since you had no health bar, all you had to do was mash the attack button. The game's length was ephemeral. The camera controls are bad. It's only saving grace was its navigational puzzles, though Zelda puts it to shame. Some of the platforming is irritatingly difficult. It relies more on luck than actual timing. The US version has a few less of those jumping puzzles, which is a good thing. In the PAL version, Yorda's dialog is translated if you beat the game, but she only has a total of about 4 lines anyway, and none of it meaningful. Get the US version if you can, or just rent it. It will save you money since you can beat it in two sittings (one if you're good). Oh and getting that idiotic girl to cooperate is just darn annoying. I wanted to leave her to the spirits and just save me the trouble.
                    Last edited by lostn; 01-05-2005, 09:58.

Comment

Working...
                    X