Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone got near 150 stars/3,000 coins on Super Mario 64 DS ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

surely to get all 150 takes quite a few actual "gaming hours" even if you know the game inside out - complete guess, 16 hours minimum ? which equals about 9 stars per hour.

Have you "completists" go for the max number of coins per level, also any idea where I can find maximum coin numbers ?

Thanks.

Comment

Having read nothing on what's new over this and Super Mario 64, just where are the extra 30 stars? Are there new levels or something?

I had a play on Mario 64 yesterday, and managed around 22 stars before giving up. I'm really in the mood for trying to max it out though.

Comment

Originally posted by jezzace
        Bought it, got 150 stars a week later, sold it.

I was really disappointed with how much easier it was. I remember taking days and days to get 100 coins on the rainbow ride level, did it first time on the ds. Not sure how they made that easier but somehow they did. Maybe this time was easier because I knew what exactly what to do for 120 of the stars
        They added Luigi and his stupidly good jumping abilities to compensate for the inferior control system. Made certain levels such as Tick Tock Clock much easier.

Comment

I got to 144....then I bought a PSP

Comment

right, obviously I'm well behind you guys star wise, how about coins ? there are over 3,000 available over the 15 levels - breakdown below, just totted mine up and so far got 2,100 +

Course 1 (BOB) - 229
            Course 2 (WFT) - 212
            Course 3 (JRB) - 140
            Course 4 (CCM) - 255
            Course 5 (BBH) - 160
            Course 6 (HMC) - 190
            Course 7 (LLL) - 215
            Course 8 (SSL) - 189
            Course 9 (DDD) - 147
            Course 10 (SML) - 255
            Course 11 (WDW) - 158
            Course 12 (TTM) - 213
            Course 13 (THI) - 255
            Course 14 (TTC) - 136
            Course 15 (RBR) - 255

Total: 3,009 - few more have been found since, there's about 3,020 in total

Comment

Sorry if off-topic but where abouts is course 10? I can't seem to find it

Comment

Snowman?s Land:
                L- Head to the second floor and walk to the right. Enter the first free star door that you come upon. Make your way to the left, and jump into the wall at the far end.

Pinched from this good gamefaqs sticky.

Comment

i did it, byut it tookl me 2 months. most disgraceful i agree but i was a little busy on harvest moon gba.

Comment

Working...
                  X