No announcement yet.

XBOX 360: XBOX 'Emulation' Dodgy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are there any good sounding games announced for 360?

Comment

Dead Rising looks pretty cool if you're into dawn of the dead and zombies.

It'll get good games, eventually, like all the mainstream stuff that comes out on all 3 (or is it 2 now) machines.

I doubt it'll have many exclusives, I guess the xbox had outrun2 and a few others, but meh. meh eternal.

Comment

Running from an HDD... Will they be pre-loaded onto the optional drive then I wonder.

Comment

Games wise Project Gotham 3 seems to be the main launch event.

Comment

PS3 is gonna use emulation to emulate the PS2 and PS1 as well isn't it?

Comment

For PS2 emulation on PS3 it's going to be a combination of hardware and software, and work in much the same way as PS1 emulation on PS2, i.e. seemless.

Comment

I think it uses hardware to play PS2 games and software/emulation to run PS1 games.

Comment

i hope xbox360 can play fable, morrowind doom whatever over the vga adaptor. that would be cool cause i will have lcd panel by then. what do you guys think about this?

Comment

Originally posted by El Leone
                    I think it uses hardware to play PS2 games and software/emulation to run PS1 games.
                    I'm no emulation expert, but I'm guessing that emulating the PS2's vector units even on Cell would be tough. So I think you're right.

Comment

Originally posted by carrick
                      i hope xbox360 can play fable, morrowind doom whatever over the vga adaptor. that would be cool cause i will have lcd panel by then. what do you guys think about this?
                      You can do it now if you soft mod your XBox to output NTSC and buy an x2vga or similar.

Comment

Originally posted by Applefiend
                        Games wise Project Gotham 3 seems to be the main launch event.
                        Major yawn...

It's going to need way better than that to entice early adopters.

Comment

Originally posted by Smegaman
                          PS3 is gonna use emulation to emulate the PS2 and PS1 as well isn't it?
                          Yes, but in hardware - not Software (Although PS1 maybe in software)

THe fundamental difference is Sony own the tech for the PS1,2 - MS do not own the tech for the nVidia GPU, or indeed the Intel processor - Hence the need to emulate it in software. MS paid nVidia in order to allow them to emulate the GPU, but as I say, what it and is not catered for will depend entirely on game sales.

Who knows though, they may have already completed profiles for a large percentage of back catalogue.

Comment

The earlier ps2 used hardware to let you play ps1 games, and later models used software emulation

Comment

I don't particularly care if the Xbox can emulate Xbox1 games or not, as long as it can emulate retro formats that would satisfy me, stuff like saturn, snes, etc

Comment

That would be illegal

Comment

Working...
                                X