The Xbox 360 (Pre)orders thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Simmy
    Sticking with them atm for my games, but this is worrying http://www.play.com/play247.asp?pa=s...0&title=667155 I just hope my preorder has been allocated on this already, and its not that they are not getting this title at all !
    Cashback from over 400 brands all on one platform. Shop with Rakuten & stack offers with discounts, voucher codes and cashback for great savings at top brands.

If not, get that!

When play.com say sold out it means they've taken as many orders as they can supply, if you pre-ordered you will definitely already have one.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveyLou
      No MartyG is right. Play put the 360 up for pre-order much earlier than August (June is probably about right), at ?399. I can remember there being a bit of fuss about it because Microsoft hadn't announced the price of the machine at this point and some thought Play had leaked the information. Soon afterwards Play were forced to put up a notice saying that the price was "subject to change", or something.
      Tis not marty G who is right tis me !!!!!

Glad to hear that on the play software, hopefully these will be processed and sent monday/tuesday next week, so they are sat with me for launch. Still getting nothing concrete from game though

Comment

Originally posted by Spatial101
        Well, my 360 is now in this country and sitting in a DHL facility.

Talk about unhelpful - I phoned DHL yesterday to see if there was any chance of me getting a delivery today. They said they could but there'd be an extra charge and would get back to me.

Heard nothing so I phoned again this morning and was told it was too late to arrange that now as they shut at 11.30 and there were no drivers available to make a delivery today.

Doh! Looks like Monday for me then - good job I've booked some days off work
        Thats good to hear

Unfortunately, i got an email from VG+ saying they maybe could get me a core 360 with a hard drive in place of a premium pack,as there is a more severe shortage than expected.
        Luckily i have an order from Amazon placed on the 17th August which has a 26th nov dispatch and 28/29 delivery(although thats not 100% either)
        That just leaves me with one enormous paperweight(stepdown converter from eurobatteries :lol

Comment

well since my xbox live kit was delayed from VG+ Idecided to buy just a Xbox one. This way i can play online now and next year when it expires, already have a code ready! A question. Should I enter it through my 360, as its a code bought in Australia, or sign up on the original Xbox and transfer my gamertag across?

Comment

Just callled gamestation (Coventry) man says, he is going thorugh the pre-orders now and calling people, i asked about allocation, they have 26 premium and a low number of core, my date is sept 23rd, he says sorry mate, no chance, he says i'm about 70 on the list, why did i leave it so late he did say that microsoft will be giving them two more allocations before Christmas, if people drop out or can't pay e.t.c he reckons i have a realistic chance of getting on before Christmas, i'm pretty doubtful.

Might have to do some midnight Tesco stuff, problem is for me, no transport, so i have to now do abit of research and make a desicion and where is best to turn up in a taxi!

Of course i am disappointed, but i did expect this the more the news was on the internet about minimum allocations for stores, on the brighter side it gives me a better chance to try get a HDTV before this....anyone in Coventry have any ideas on where to call...is it Tesco and places like that, i just need to find out which shops aren't taking pre-orders.

Thank you.

Comment

Well - given what you posted Simmy, I emailed Play and they replied
              Originally posted by Play
              Dear Marty

Thank you for your email.
              Having ordered on the 17th August, you stand in good stead to be one of those who receive an XBox from our first batch; however we really cannot guarantee anything based on how little information we have been given in terms of the number of XBox's we will be receiving. As you're aware there is a European wide shortage of the XBox 360s.

In basic terms, if you will be receiving one for the release date, you should see your order process a day or two beforehand. As you know, we will not take your money until we definitely have stock for you.

We are sorry that we cannot offer more information at this point. We have been given the Microsoft XBox 360 Helpline number, which is 0800 587 1102, if you want to get more information from them.

Kind regards

Email Support Team

Play
              So I'm still quite hopeful about receiving one from them.

Late edit - kudos for appropriate use of the semi-colon though minus points for inappropriate apostrophe use ( And bonus for not doing a cut and paste job on the reply ). Some people seem to think Play have some bad customer service, I can honestly say in my 700 odd orders with them, I've never had an issue.
              Last edited by MartyG; 26-11-2005, 12:39.

Comment

Game are selling Core packs on a first come first served basis - i will be picking one of those up with the hdd addon and some component leads and i will be all set

phone your local game and see what time they open

Comment

Ive phoned em a couple of times myself this week and been told basically the same, not to worry and that all this rumour stuff is just that, they dont have a clue of stock levels etc.. as they dont have stock yet! Games are getting sent seperatly anyway so soon as they start being sent next week you will know whether the machines are in or not (apart from Condemed that is whats already out). I was told on Thursday they might start getting them in on Monday and there having batches coming in up to christmas and sending them out on the date and time you preordered the machines.

I know about the May 27th 05 with machines at ?400 and games at ?50 at Play but that got cancelled and redone to coming soon when they got proper info of what machines where coming out as you had to re preorder again for them.

Comment

A moment of light relief. This is what'll happen to you if you're greedy with your pre-orders:

http://www.rllmukforum.com/index.php...ic=108670&st=0

Comment

The best ones were.....

Comment

Originally posted by John Beaulieu
                        Game are selling Core packs on a first come first served basis - i will be picking one of those up with the hdd addon and some component leads and i will be all set

phone your local game and see what time they open
                        Excellent. Is this the GAME in Bolton? If it is, I'll use that as an alternative to Bury if they're not doing this.

Comment

Originally posted by jonpeat
                          My woolies order has just changed to processing That can only be a good thing
                          Mine's still on back order, but the money has been authorised from my account for 2 Premium packs with 2 copies of PDZ (one for me and one for a mate). The item description has disappeared but come tomorrow I imagine it'll all be updated

Ordered on the 15th Nov as well, kinda makes a mockery of people pre ordering in August and worrying about not getting them. The second 360 pack wasn't ordered til the 16th either, I managed to order that even when woolies weren't taking any more orders. I had it sat in my basket which was saved over to the next day, allowed me to finish the second order without them being available How lucky is that

Comment

Bugger, my order place on the 20th of August with Gameplay has now been confirmed to be not available for launch

Now, my best hopes are MicroAnvika, Tesco/Asda, and another member from these forums.......

Comment

Spoke to my local Game as I wanted to add the battery pack thingy to my order. My order is fine for next Friday but 4 people are going to miss out unfortunately. They'll be calling everyone on Monday to confirm and go through the options for bundles. They did emphasise that anyone who can't pick their pre-orders up by Monday will lose them, so they must be getting strict about this.

Comment

Just phoned up Bury's branch of GAME, they still don't have a clue whether they're getting Core packs in, though it did seem as if they've been told to sell them to whoever comes first.

Comment

Working...
                                X