No announcement yet.

The Xbox 360 (Pre)orders thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well the way I see it is, People buy Xbox 360 advance pack on pre-order. They all sell out and then when average joe goes down the shop around launch time they will be like "ooo xbox 360" and just buy the core one because its the only one there. So basically all the people who actually read up on games get a good deal because all the chavs and parents are paying extra

Comment

Does anyone have an idea what titles will be available at launch?

One 'must have' and i'm sold.

Comment

How tight is stock going to be though, dave? Worldwide release would really effect the availability, but I'd be really suprised if it's a real problem. They'd want to get as many out as poss at Christmas. I can see myself opening one on Boxing Day

Comment

Preorderd mine today from game and was told I could pick up a preorder pack sometime in september that contains a DVD with lots of gameplay footage on

Has anyone else heard about this? or have any idea whats on the DVD??

Comment

Cocks. They didnt say that to me. I'll be demanding one too!!

Comment

I preordered one of the man packs today from game, and was assured I would get one at launch.
              I considered pre ordering a couple of games as well, but those seem to be selling at between ?44.99 - ?49.99 so that seems a no no for me.
              I want to get the best over all deal possible, so I was wondering where the cheapest place (online) is for 360 software, I noticed earlier in this thread someone mentioned Amazon were selling games between ?29.99 -?34.99, but I can't find any mention of these prices on their site.

I think after further consideration, I will try and sell vertually all the peripherals which are packaged with the man pack, just keeping the console, the wireless pad and the hd.
              If I can ebay all the other stuff, i.e. the remote, the component cable and the xbox live headset I could hopefully make a tidy wee sum toward a game or something.
              I had planned to keep the remote but seeing as it is the cut down version I can't see the point in keeping it for myself, better just to sell and buy the full functioning version at a later date.

I am wondering what packages Game themselves will be offering, they are sure to be doing a gotham 3 pack I would think/hope

Comment

Originally posted by nips
                How tight is stock going to be though, dave? Worldwide release would really effect the availability, but I'd be really suprised if it's a real problem. They'd want to get as many out as poss at Christmas. I can see myself opening one on Boxing Day
                Good question man. I can't see Microsoft messing up on their only christmas without next gen competition. However, having worked in a game store last christmas time, I can remember only too well how much of a shortage there was of both ps2's and the generally easily available xbox. It was literally a nightmare, with consoles being bought out within 10 minutes of delivery. When you combine this with the fact that it will probably be this years must have present, I'm not entirely sure if people will be able to get one without some kind of reservation this side of christmas.

Still, if I end up buggering off out of the country, you can have my pre-order ^_^

Comment

True, I was working in a Dixons last christmas and it was a nightmare... Taking into account last year's events, it's not just manufacture, but distribution which will be an issue, and if they're being moved all over the globe then they'll require a lot of organisation to avoid repeating the same mistakes!

However, they've got the best part of 100 days to make them and ship them, so we'll see. I'm putting my money on: The initial stock will go quickly, possibly down to nothing depending on the support for pre-orders, but after the first 2, maybe 3 deliveries, it'll be pretty smooth for the rest of the holiday.

Comment

Originally posted by Souky
                    Preorderd mine today from game and was told I could pick up a preorder pack sometime in september that contains a DVD with lots of gameplay footage on

Has anyone else heard about this? or have any idea whats on the DVD??
                    Yeah they said the same to me.

Comment

I have a premuim X360 on order at the store I work....still undecided about games! I've put my name down for
                      PGR3
                      DOA4
                      Perfect Dark Zero
                      Kameo
                      Ridge Racer 6
                      Ghost Recon 3
                      Quake 4
                      Call of Duty 2
                      Oblivion

But obviously can't afford to buy all of them! It'll depend on staff discount I guess, gonna try and get at least 2 with the machine then ask for a couple more at Christmas. Also, should have a fair bit on my reward card so can put that towards a game. I have EVERYTHING crossed that Perfect Dark Zero will be worth the wait....yes I know they still haven't shown anythin worth egtting truly excited about....and yes I know theres a big chance it'll disappoint....

Comment

Originally posted by baad bwoy
                        I noticed earlier in this thread someone mentioned Amazon were selling games between ?29.99 -?34.99, but I can't find any mention of these prices on their site.
                        Amazon have removed those prices.

Comment

Originally posted by dc-arena
                          Yeah they said the same to me.
                          lo all,

preordered mine this morning from my local game, just ordered the man pack console, no extras or games yet. Chatting with the 2 blokes there, they never mentioned this preorder dvd though.

A couple of bits of info they said: they had the MS rep in ovre the weekend, 25th nov, release, and although this isn't set in stone its the date they are looking to keep to. I think they said 400,000 units for europe, with game getting up to 75% of that allocation (seems very high i know).
                          This is what i was told so don't shoot the messenger

We had a good chat about the whole idea about 2 systems being available, and they were of the same opion as me, it being a complete and utter mess.
                          i am 35th on the preorder list, and they pretty much guaruntee stock for release day, midnight opening, (should be interesting) in comparison only 2 of the core packs have ordered, and the manager was concerned that whatever stock they get of the core system will just be sat there until the full packs are sold out/not available. They also said they weren't particularly looking forward to the confusion of selling to parents, and then having to explain that the memory card was extra for the core packs, "a backward step from the xbox" was the managers words....

Comment

pre-ordered also last week and no mention of DVD in Game. what's the difference in the 'Live' package, is it not a proper 'Live' package then?

Comment

not quite sure what you asking, but i was told today that the silver service is in both packs but the free for a month gold service is only in the ?280 pack.

Comment

and the differences between the two are? (apart from the 'free for a month' bit, of course?)

Comment

Working...
                                X