Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everybody loves bad boys

Yup. It's true.

Right, this is partly inspired by a program on screen villains that came on over the weekend and a comment I made in another thread. I was sure this subject had already been brought up on here, but I couldn't find anything when I searched.

Anyway, villains then. As with other mediums, gaming occasionally throws up bad guys that you just can't help but like. We could read into why certain individuals like certain villains all day, but hey, I'm no psychologist and I doubt you are either. So, please use this thread to discuss game villains you do like. Don't just write out a boring old list, try and be imaginative and discuss what it is you like about said bad guy. I'll begin with two:

Id (Xenogears) : It's the cool, calm veneer, you imagine him to speak in even, measured tones, never losing his temper or raising his voice. He doesn't need to, his presence alone is terrifying. The game gives you a glimpse of his power early on, and you dread having to face him. Then you make that discovery. Yes, that one. Id's theme tune suits him perfectly, too. It's calm, with a chilling thinly veiled menace.

Kun Lan (Killer7) : I already mentioned him in the appropriate First Play thread, so I won't repeat myself too much. Kun Lan is your archetypal smooth-talking villain, with a menace that's both charming and intimidating. He knows it's all futile, all completely pointless, but it's all a game to him. The world is his playground, it keeps on turning, and he's just having fun.

So then, over to you. Please discuss your game villains here.
    Last edited by Ady; 22-08-2005, 12:35.

This guy is one of the best villans known to man. His actions in FF7 from kiling Aeris right throught to his desire to "become one with the planet and have all the spirit energy to himself" never failed to shock me.

If he was a gangster, i'd go and work for him

Comment

Sephiroph is so bad, that you are deathly afraid of him before you even see him. Best baddie evar.

Comment

He's so bad

Comment

His actions in FF7 from kiling Aeris
          Am I the only person on the planet who renamed all the FF7 characters to have stupid names? Everytime I hear about how "emotionally powerful the scene between blah & blah" was, I can never remember what they're talking about.

Anyway, my avatar is my fave baddie. Not cos he is particularly scary or evil or anything: he's actually quite naff, as baddies go. Maybe that's why I like him so much.

Pop quiz time. Special kudos to anyone who:

a) Knows who he is.
          b) Knows what game he is from, and
          c) Knows the significance of his name.

Comment

No, my first play through of FFVII featured Dirk, Fanny, Mr. T and Punkass. But for some reason I left Aeris' name as the default.

Comment

Koopa Troopa not perhaps a "baddie" in the same league as the others mentioned, but he's just so ace :P

Comment

the worse baddies are the ones you're not aware of.
                until it's too late...

Comment

A wild guess, but is it the Sentinel? Or something to do with the Sentinel.

Originally posted by peeveen
                  Am I the only person on the planet who renamed all the FF7 characters to have stupid names? Everytime I hear about how "emotionally powerful the scene between blah & blah" was, I can never remember what they're talking about.

Anyway, my avatar is my fave baddie. Not cos he is particularly scary or evil or anything: he's actually quite naff, as baddies go. Maybe that's why I like him so much.

Pop quiz time. Special kudos to anyone who:

a) Knows who he is.

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock
                    No, my first play through of FFVII featured Dirk, Fanny, Mr. T and Punkass. But for some reason I left Aeris' name as the default.
                    Everyone did the Mr. T thing. You were a punkass fool if you didn't.

I pity the poor fool who didn't!

Comment

My fave villain is obviously Geese Howard. He has enormous pantaloons and likes to stain his hands with people's blood.

Which is always desirable in a villain.

Comment

This robot monster scared me back in 92!

As did this fiery fiend!

And last but not least- the evil pirate Cervantes!

Comment

Originally posted by peeveen
                          a) Knows who he is.
                          Could he be from Mercenary?

Certainly looks like a character from that game or one of the sequels. CBA to google for the name...

--EDIT-- OK I lied I can be arsed

a) PC Bill (guess)
                          b) Mercenary III (guess)
                          c) ??? still working on this one.

DOH! Surely it must be refering to that money grabbing git GATES!!!
                          Last edited by Madbury; 22-08-2005, 14:16.

Comment

Nice one Madbury. You almost got it ... it's PC Bil (important difference there), from Mercenary 3.

Yeah, I loved doing all that I could to ruin that bastard. Haw haw.

Good shout on The Sentinel, seany ... he was a GREAT baddy.
                            And the Swarm from Crystal Castles. AAARGH.

Comment

Vergil from DMC3 people, come on!!

You so want to control him over Dante, dont ya... "Ssssssscum!!"

Comment

Working...
                              X