Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Henning
    I use a arcade stick, works well.
    Really? I'm going to have to try that one. I take it that its just ABXY for firing directions, L to change mode and R for super?

Comment

Bangai-o is sadly one of those games that few will sample.

It's a blast to play though. I laugh everytime I see that Game Over screen. What is it the character is saying? "Hey, I can just..... " or something. I haven't tried it with the Arcade stick before. Is it better than the pad?

Sod it, I'm gonna go and boot it up!

Comment

I thought that it was: "Hey, I can still..."

But I could be wrong!

Comment

Originally posted by nips
          some stuff...
          Is your Avatar Keith Baron?

Comment

Although I don't dig standard onrails scmups, I really loved bangai-o - it's definitely worth trying out even is you don't like shoot em ups, as it's more reminiscent of an action platformer on drugs, really (without the jumping bits . Great fun game, hard in places but a good challenge.

Comment

Yeah, it's "I can still.."

Whats even more of a mind **** is your faced with a picture of a naked boy being burnt by a guy wearing a KKK costume, being photographed by a guy in a bear suit.

Something tells me Treasure need to lay off the Space Fruities.

Comment

Bangai-O is stunning, although I preferred the "X fires missles in the direction you're going" control method, myself.

You've gotta love the level 8 boss -- the woman who talked in nothing but pictures.

"Okay! Now let's go and get a milkshake!"

Comment

Originally posted by mid
                  Originally posted by Henning
                  I use a arcade stick, works well.
                  Really? I'm going to have to try that one. I take it that its just ABXY for firing directions, L to change mode and R for super?
                  No, I use XA mode. Multi direction shooting by taping (circle) and I hold the same button down for one direction firing.

Change and super works well too. I use a PS Namco stick and these functions are on button triangle and L1.

Comment

I'd love a double stick set-up like for Robotron.

I'm thinking of making a double-stick myself out of Sanwa parts for that quality Virtua Fighter 4: Evo feel, and using the X-arcade PCB and pad connectors.

That way I'd have a 2-player plug-and-play arcade stick compatable with all my consoles and PC. No reverse wiring pads every time I get a new console.

Comment

Originally posted by master chief
                      It's class there's no doubt about it, espically if you picked up the DC version as it's as cheap as chips.
                      What? Like ?2 for the Pal copy I bought which was near mint.

Comment

Originally posted by Molloy
                        Whats even more of a mind **** is your faced with a picture of a naked boy being burnt by a guy wearing a KKK costume, being photographed by a guy in a bear suit.
                        yeah! WTF! its got to be one of the craziest storylines ive ever seen, but one of the best games ive ever played.

fkin love bangai-o

Comment

Bangai-O, what a classic little nipper.

The storyline was truly the Biffo-on-a-overdose!!

i love surveying charred carnage for melons

Most insane level must be the one which is just one massive rectangle with a baddie spawner continous arond the level and one sod off norty Bangai-O dude at the top-middle.

Watching 300 baddies follow you about is something to be seen!!

Comment

Certainly a DC favourite.

I've got a throbbing passion for this game. But the lack of difficulty levels robs its potential.

A properly implemented Hard Mode (the likes of which we've relished in Alien Soldier, Sin & Punishment, Gunstar Heroes etc.) would elevate the title (and no doubt the N64 original, which remains a hunted title for me) to ESSENTIAL TO THE POINT OF RIDICULOUSNESS Status)

(Apologies. Brackets and italics necessary due to throbbing passion.))

Comment

Its one of the best examples of risk/win gaming.
                              Thats its essense. Many games enable you to win by hiding and not taking risks, but few improve your firepower for it.
                              It's one of the earliest forms of type and it works very well in the 2D shooting genre.
                              I think the effect works better then in Psyvaria (sorry, but Psyvaria has not got the manic explosional effects that Bangai' O has, and, face it, all gamers love explosions. Jeff minter should work for Treasure.).

Comment

Originally posted by WCT
                                A properly implemented Hard Mode (the likes of which we've relished in Alien Soldier, Sin & Punishment, Gunstar Heroes etc.) would elevate the title (and no doubt the N64 original, which remains a hunted title for me) to ESSENTIAL TO THE POINT OF RIDICULOUSNESS Status)
                                Alien soilder (sorry off topic) - Treasures MD game?
                                Its poor implementation of control frustrates and robs it of fun status.

Comment

Working...
                                X