X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sorry it was not nolan it was Sam Tramiel still worth a read though

Comment

Some hilarious quotes from Mr. Tramiel

If Sony comes in at $249 or $299, we'll do whatever we can to have the ITC -- that's the International Trade Commission of the United States -- to go after them. That's called dumping. You can't have the Japanese consumer paying a fattened dollar price, then subsidize the product and dump it in the United States for $249 and kill the US manufacturers. It's against the law.
      I don't think Nintendo is known to be a fantastic hardware company. When have they ever come out with great technology? NES was not a piece of great technology -- it was an 8-bit machine like Atari's 2600.
      If the NES had looked and played like a 2600 then we would be looking at a very different games industry right now.

Comment

Made me laugh when he compares the power of the jaguar to the psone and saturn seems to change as the interview goes on.

Comment

I thought the idea of Infogrames buying the Atari brand was to have a brand and logo that is recognizable with the gaming public. How many Joe Public can tell you the last great Infogrames title?

Theres the retro cache aswell, I see a lot of Students and 20/30-somethings with Atari t-shirts these days.

Comment

Working...
          X