Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've still got the boxes for my Dreamcast VMUs in the loft

Comment

kubrick i would not expect any less than you! you probably still keep yah reciepts and the shop bags your brought them in, jus in case. I think there is a condition for this, where you cant bin anything. Yeah its called Hoarding!

How do i know? cos im jus a bad! Not as bad as kubrick mind ^_~

Comment

I hoard stuff too (still got all my hardware boxes), but I had a recent clearout so maybe that's way I'm not keen on keeping needless clutter in lots of drawers at the moment. Old carts that weren't worth a lot... their boxes had to go.

I've come to dislike PAL Dreamcast and PSone casings, as they fall apart really easily.

My DVD-style current gen and Saturn boxes are all great. Very easy to store.

Comment

Hoarding is great, I keep the boxes, cellophane, cable ties etc for everything.

Comment

I keep all my game boxes, but discard all the hardware-related stuff. Said this before, but you wouldn't leave your cds and dvds lying around unboxed, would you?
            For me, they're as much a part of the package as the game discs/carts themselves.

Comment

The difference for carts is they can still be placed in their plastic bags. It's not as if they're going to get scratched, is it? It's why I have some in an old N64 mag cart holder as well.
              Last edited by Concept; 28-10-2005, 14:33.

Comment

I sometimes resentfully throw away the box of a console or hardware, if it's not particularly rare or anything.

Never, ever throw away game boxes though, even for carts.

Comment

well with the ps2 and gamecube you cant save boxes for something as its just the plastic rubbish they use but i'd keep boxes for n64 game and gameboy even if there not mint condition

Comment

I'm so bad I have to store every console box inside at least 1 massive plastic bag, that is then taped up and placed inside another box, which is then stored inside my airing cupboard for fear of smoke, dust etc..
                    My other half jokingly calls me Howard Hughes.

Comment

I've kept every box, but with the new generation coming I feel somethings gotta give. Will probably bin my XBox box as its a biggun. Saying that the MD and MCD aren't small :P

Comment

Originally posted by seany1979
                        I've got a cracking little hidey-place in the garage in between two sets of units where I have cunningly stored my boxes. As someone mentioned, if you are going to chuck the boxes away, then you may as well set fire to the notes in your wallet as well, a la Krusty the Clown.

"Lisa - here is $40. It is all I have. Take it and go bury it in the garden"
                        "I love you mom"
                        Im sorry to sound dumb Seany as I've read your posts for years but was your collection featured in GamesTM awhile ago? I rember the cool garage collection.

Back on topic I have thrown out almost all my PC boxes but would never do that to my console games. Seems a bit of a waste

Comment

I used to obsess over the state of boxes.. to the extent where I'd buy a game all over again just to get a mint box and then sell my original crap box with the game I just received.... I'm looking at you, crappy n64 boxes.... . Fortunately I've apparently gotten that out of my system now (it was especially pretty bad over the summer.... must have been the toxic combination of boredom and heat), so I don't really care in what condition the boxes are, I just keep them in a cupboard, out of the way so I save space and avoid their evil glares. I have the official cart holders for my n64 games, so its all good. I think it might have something to do with the fact that my love for nintendo is slowly waning....

I'm more careful with the ps2 dvd-style cases though.... I really like them... sure they're generic, but still lovely. And the psp umd cases? Nice and slim.... awesome really. I keep the discs in their boxes, unless I'm travelling in which case they go in to a disc wallet.

And I keep the boxes for hardware.

In summary, I keep all the boxes I get, but I'd only get really frustrated if its the dvd-style cases that get damaged.

Comment

For me console and large peripheral/box set boxes all go in the loft, games and smaller boxes are stored in a dedicated room. Only problem is that dedicated room is now starting to get a bit full

I hate chucking any form of packaging away, tbh I think if I moved in with my gf it'd be to the extent that it pissed her off. Ah well, the trade off would be she can have lots of bookshelves I guess...

Comment

Working...
                            X