No announcement yet.

TV questions HD and picture advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

does anyone know a site that shows the diffrence between hd and normal tv pictures quality for 360 and on moniters?
    Does this help:

HD Photo

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/mrstank/KHD.jpg

SD Photo

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/mrstank/KSD.jpg

Side By Side (SD Left - HD Right)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/mrstank/kside.jpg

Blatently ripped from El Leones post 8)

Comment

thanks,

does anyone know of ny pictures just using a normal tv? whats the best option if i dont have a hd or tft, would this be a rgb cable can anyone reccomend me one that will give me the best out of a normal tv?

Comment

Originally posted by yesteryeargames
        thanks,

does anyone know of ny pictures just using a normal tv? whats the best option if i dont have a hd or tft, would this be a rgb cable can anyone reccomend me one that will give me the best out of a normal tv?
        rgb scart no decoding needed, straight into your tube and better than s-video as it seperates colour to different pins, whereas s-video mixes yuv colour on 1 pin with the brightness on the other.. i.e. chrominance and luminance.

Comment

to get it on a tft moniter, i will need a vga cable but will i need a box to convert the signal from the 360 into high def on the screen?

please can you help advise on exactly what to buy if i get a screen? cables ect?

thanks for your help again

Comment

to get it on a tft moniter, i will need a vga cable but will i need a box to convert the signal from the 360 into high def on the screen?

please can you help advise on exactly what to buy if i get a screen? cables ect?

All you need is the Xbox 360 VGA cable, which costs about ?20.

Comment

you can use it on a tft and it does these resolutions via the vga cable

Comment

1360x768 - awesome! 1:1 upscaling for those of us with sets with that resolution!

btw make sure your TFT is VGA and not DVI.

Comment

Indeed I was very pleased when I found that out the other day, it should take some strain off the Tv

Comment

One thought about the 360 VGA resolutions. If the 360 has an internal scaler, why isn't 1920 x 1080 available as a VGA option? Presumably the scaler will be used to upscale the picture to 1080i, so why can't it do this for VGA effectively giving people with decent monitors 1080p! Ojay, so it's a scaled image, but it could look even better than the natural 720p.

Actually 1920 x 1200 would be even better, as my monitor is 16:10.

Comment

Just wondering if the Official XBox 360 Advanced AV Pack is worth the investment if I dont have a HDTV.

Like will the picture be a big enough difference that its worth buying?

Cheers for anyone who answers

Comment

Originally posted by Myth
                        Just wondering if the Official XBox 360 Advanced AV Pack is worth the investment if I dont have a HDTV.

Like will the picture be a big enough difference that its worth buying?

Cheers for anyone who answers
                        That's the Scart cable isn't it? Of course.

In fact, this pack is no good for HD.

Comment

Yeah the scart cable, I just meant will it be better than the orignal cable which comes with the XBox?

Comment

IF you have a standard Tv the 360 advanced AV pack is a MUST!

You must have it, you can't play 360 in composite, its just wrong!

Comment

Cheers thats all I needed to know.

Comment

Originally posted by Brats
                                One thought about the 360 VGA resolutions. If the 360 has an internal scaler, why isn't 1920 x 1080 available as a VGA option? Presumably the scaler will be used to upscale the picture to 1080i, so why can't it do this for VGA effectively giving people with decent monitors 1080p! Ojay, so it's a scaled image, but it could look even better than the natural 720p.

Actually 1920 x 1200 would be even better, as my monitor is 16:10.
                                Because 1080i is interlaced. On a VGA screen it would come out with 520 lines.

Doing 1080p would require alot of framebuffer, money more. (although probably can do it with the right poking).

Regards
                                Neil.

Comment

Working...
                                X