TV questions HD and picture advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TV questions HD and picture advice

Hello, im going to be getting a 360 from launch and i would like it to look as nice as possible, i have a 28 flat screen sony trinitron wide tv, will this be good enough for the resolution? Ive hear you can get a picture nearly as good as a HD tv using a tft moniter, could anyone please advise me on this as im thinking of getting a flat screen tft monitor just for the 360, could anyone recomend me one at a good price?

thanks for the help

You can get a proper HD picture on a TFT or a standard CRT PC moniter using the 360 vga lead. The only problem with getting a moniter to do the job is that not all games are going to have 16:9 and 4:3 options, some may only be widescreen.
    This means that certain games may have to be viewed with a letterboxx border at the top and bottom. One remedy to this is to be a widescreen moniter, I've had a quick look round and found this little bargain

http://www.dabs.com/productview.aspx...nx=3W6N&fb=246

http://www.acer.com.sg/products/moni...toral1916w.asp

its got an 8ms response time that would be perfect for playing games.

and for ?192 its alot better price wise than the ?600 dell widescreen moniter that everyone will probably try and reccomend :P

Comment

Sooo EvilBoris, that Acer will be able to play all the 360 games in HD in Widescreen with no borders, correct? Will it play the highest resolution?! 1080?

If so, I'm getting one. Need a smaller monitor than my old Sony CRT.

Comment

I doubt it will do 1080i, but not that you'd want to anyway as its not as crispy as 720p anyway.

The moniter should scale the picture up from the 1360*768 to the monitors resolution of 1440*900. Even on my HD TV if I choose to have borders around the edge they are less than an inch, so on a 19" moniter they would be tiny.

For less than ?200 you can't really argue, especially with a 8ms response time
        Last edited by EvilBoris; 24-11-2005, 17:15.

Comment

i have a 28 flat screen sony trinitron wide tv, will this be good enough for the resolution?
          Nope, I'm guessing it only has SCART sockets as its inputs?
          You need at least Component for HD resolutions.

Comment

I couldn't get a reply from anyone from the TV thread, they were to busy mastubating over the huge HD TV some guy got, it did look lovely though.

What do ye think of this ? http://www1.euro.dell.com/content/pr...hs1&l=en&s=dhs

Comment

its got a 25ms response time, which would give you nasty blurring/ghosting

Comment

Do you know of anything thats better than that then? But in the same price range area.

Comment

best really would be to save and buy a lcd such as the samsung 26" or a dell 24" widescreen tft

pic of res supported by the vga cable

Comment

I'm pretty rubbish about knowing stuff about television, but i am thinking of asking my brother for a loan to buy HD TV, can anyone give me some advice please, is a plasma set or a LCD set the way to go?(or is it something else) i'd be liking to get a 42" set, can anyone give me solid advice/links please Thank you.

Comment

42 inch HD is going to be pricey. Either LCD or Plasma

How much you wanting to spend?

Comment

I'd be willing to spend a couple of grand, so long as my brother would let me borrow the money, would i be able to get something decent between 1750-2300? thank you Neil.

Comment

Originally posted by NeilMcRae
                          42 inch HD is going to be pricey. Either LCD or Plasma

How much you wanting to spend?
                          DLP!

Comment

May i ask what DLP! is?

Comment

can normal tv be viewed on a moniter? you will need a vga lead for the x box to work,is there a cable for tv or to connect it to a digi box?

are tehre any sites that sell that widescreen moniter that can be paid by paypal?
                              thanks for your help

Comment

Working...
                              X