Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

360 to Samsung LCD via VGA HD KIT

Hi Guys,

Picked one of these kits up last night but when i connect it to the samsung i get no sound. Where should i be plugging in the white and red audio cables in on the back of the sammy.

Maybe there is a setting i am missing in the audio section of the system setup but both analogue and digital signals (stereo to 5.1 bring up no sound.

Is my cable duff or am i being dumb.

Thanks in advance

you need to plug the audio into the headphone jack supplied, then put that into the back of tv. I'm assuming you want the sound from the TV?

Comment

Originally posted by bignige
      you need to plug the audio into the headphone jack supplied, then put that into the back of tv. I'm assuming you want the sound from the TV?
      Lol.what a complete div i am.

Just checked the contents and i found the baggy containing the stuff required. Cheers Bignige.

i thought my samsung was broke. Worked fine with component but im off to try out the VGA. Thanks again

PLease close mods!

Comment

Let us know if its better through VGA

Comment

Yeah man let us know, I will be off to Game soon to pick up my pack and I also have the Samsung LCD.

Comment

with VGA set to 1360x768 PD0 seems to suffers from some sort of syncing problem on me Samsung 32" LCD. Similar to tearing, happens when you move or look round, will try component to see if that solves it. Also when trying to download the update for Halo2, it won't do it & says it dosen't support the screen resolution (you can play off line at any of the vga resolutions). Again, think it may be a vga prob, will try component.

Comment

thats very bad news if thats the case, imagine all the copatibility problems...

Comment

Originally posted by NeilMcRae
                thats very bad news if thats the case, imagine all the copatibility problems...
                problems with PDZ appears via both VGA & component.
                Halo2 download problem is solved by using component, the problem appears to be the old Xbox Live dash is displayed. VGA can't seem to pick it up, component does. Am downloading the Halo2 maps now, will reconnect after, but I'm pretty certain it'll play ok afterwards.

Comment

bignige - I'd really appreciate a comparison of the visual quality of x360 games between component 720p and VGA on the Samsung. If you have time.

Comment

I am more than happy with VGA on my tosh - changed the resolution to 1366x780 (or something) and its perfection

no 1080i though - need a component for that

Comment

Originally posted by wush
                      bignige - I'd really appreciate a comparison of the visual quality of x360 games between component 720p and VGA on the Samsung. If you have time.
                      Will, do. The first thing that is noticable between component & VGA is, using the same settings, component seems richer in colour.

Comment

problems with PDZ appears via both VGA & component.
                        Halo2 download problem is solved by using component, the problem appears to be the old Xbox Live dash is displayed. VGA can't seem to pick it up, component does. Am downloading the Halo2 maps now, will reconnect after, but I'm pretty certain it'll play ok afterwards.
                        The tearing seems to be a normal perfect dark thing on any TV.

Comment

Will, do. The first thing that is noticable between component & VGA is, using the same settings, component seems richer in colour.

Totally! After 5 mins i switched back, VGA looks washed out eh?

I may whack the VGA up for trade.

Comment

My TV basically has 2 settings for VGA - 'PC' and 'AV'. It defaults to PC, and is essentially washed out as you describe.
                            Don't know if the Samsung has a similar function.

Comment

Thats what mine does it says PC. Looks washy as ****. Component is tre cool.

Comment

Working...
                              X