X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fancy meeting you here.

Comment

Originally posted by C'
      (probably the best linkup game for a home console).
      You ever give F355 a go, played via link-up? If you can do it man, I'd go for it 'cos it is stunning. I'm gonna dig around now for another RRR and to play via link

I'm truly surprised by the lack of link-compatible racers though, especially nowadays with full-online capabilities; you'd have thought it'd be standard given the usual level of competition involved in a decent racer (*cough* DaveSS knows what I mean, never did get close to your 306 time )... it really gets my goat.

/me wanders off like an angry animal crossing resident

edit: too many Rs

Comment

My fave ever racer is Sega Rally, especially in the arcade, i put so many coins in that machine, i loved it to bits was so glad to get it on home version, fantastic game.

other games of note for me

Super Monaco GP
        Micro Machines Turbo Tournament 1996
        Mario Kart Super + 64
        Daytona USA
        F355 challenge tho i totally suck at it
        Sega Rally 2, bought it on DC launch and just loved it
        Crazy Taxi
        TOCA Race Driver
        Colin Mcrae Rally - got this and about 5 other games with my PS1, nothing entered the console till about 2 weeks after xmas after i put this in, a sublime game imo

ive played and done most/some of each GT title and ive come to the conclusion that they bore me - got GT2 and GT3 for sale if any1s desperate, cheap too

Comment

My specific favs on home console:

F355 - DC
          Daytona 2001 - DC
          Sega Rally 2 - DC
          Ridge Racer Revolution - PSone
          Ridge Racer V - PS2
          Ridge Racer Hi-Spec - PSone
          Sega Rally - SS

Arcade only:

Scud Race
          Daytona 2

Comment

Originally posted by 2097
            best: F-zero GBA
            Definetly best GBA and most underated racer.
            even beats mario kart IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Sidez

Ridge Racer Hi-Spec - PSone
              thanks for the reminder, im gonna have a session on this for old times sake tonight

Comment

Originally posted by NINTY
                Originally posted by 2097
                best: F-zero GBA
                Definetly best GBA and most underated racer.
                even beats mario kart IMO
                before it got it i was playing mario kart pretty much all the time, since i got f-zero ive hardly touched any other GBA game it looks so great on the GBA, the gameplay, handling and speed are just spot on.

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Marklar
                  Originally posted by C'
                  (probably the best linkup game for a home console).
                  You ever give F355 a go, played via link-up? If you can do it man, I'd go for it 'cos it is stunning. I'm gonna dig around now for another RRR and to play via link
                  I have. But I never really took the game, so I didn't enjoy the experience as much as RRR.

Usually when I link the Dreamcasts it's for VOOT.

Comment

Rave Racer is another awesome racer. Shame the Dreamcast port got canned :/ Namco are such a bunch of dickheads.

Comment

Originally posted by Sidez
                      Rave Racer is another awesome racer. Shame the Dreamcast port got canned :/ Namco are such a bunch of dickheads.
                      There was a DC port

In fact one of the things I regret is that I never got a chance to play this game much. Only played it about 10 times max (it seemed impossible to find even in 1996, and more so now) but whenever I did I knew it was the ultimate arcade iteration of the series.

2P battle on the Expert Mountain course was brilliant.

But yeah, major disappointment that Rave was never ported. I found this last night tho and I'm seriously tempted

Stick it in my garage, and not come out to make up for lost years

Comment

I love this topic! Racing games are awesome. You can either have a mamouth session on the them or pick up and play for half an hour. Great for that quick fix.

Anyways, onto my faves.

ARCADE

Super Hang On - First time I tried to play this, I was too small. Some guy down the arcade helped me to steer the thing! lol
                        Daytona - 8 player link up couldn't be beaten imo. Awesome!
                        Sega Rally 1 or 2 - I dunno how much money I put into these cabinets but it was worth it.
                        Scud Race - We were supposed to be getting a port of this on DC right? What ever happened to it? I remember reading the article about it in the Official DC mag once.

CONSOLE

Gran Turismo 1 - This was and still is the best GT game for me.
                        F355 - I actually first played this on DC before I played it at the arcades.
                        PGR - On US Xbox release, this and Halo took weeks of my life!
                        Moto GP 1 + 2 - Got this on US release too. Couldn't beleive how cool a racing experience it was. Still playing it now, GP2, and it's still great!

And it's getting better every year. Now we can look forward to GT4 online! Colin Mcrae 4 looks like it may have ironed out some of the problems of 3. It's all good in the racing genre.

Comment

some of my favorites:
                          Daytona usa (the original, 4 link up arcade)
                          Played GT and GT2 quite a bit, I can't play them by myself though, need a fellow enthusiast
                          And I've been challenged by a friend to Colin McRae 3 next week, so been playing it last week to sharpen my skills, it's a great game. One word: Japan.

Comment

I got Moto GP 2 and Colin McRae Rally 3 on US XBOX and they are great games to play and I also got Sega Gt 2002 but it doesn't appeal to me.

I also love Ridge Racer 4 / Wipeout 2097 on PS1 and
                            Grand Prix and Indianapolis 500 on Amiga in the past.

Next one I will get is Indycars for XBOX and F-Zero / Mario Kart on US Gamecube.

Comment

Working...
                            X