MKDS is really p!ssing me off with the sore losers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RuBiQ
    had one game, with phillai and the snake king vonmanc, he didnt snake 'much' and only just won through sheer luck on rainbow road.
    Matey that`s liablous, I didn`t snake once and you were also owned very.... and I mean very convincingly. Even if you had won Rainbow Road, which you weren`t even close you still didn`t have enough points to win. Your foolishness amuses me!

Thinking about it, would it be possible to have a mario kart league ?

Say 20 people, 10 in each league, obviously need a league mod that each person pms or emails there results too

Depending on who plays, can even have a handicap system (Like making vonmanc use DonkeyKong or Peach) so they have more trouble snaking down the tracks.

Im I pissing in the wind or would anyone else be interested ?
    I think this can be achieved but peeps are gonna have to pull their finger out to get it sorted. There was talk of trying to get a MKDS "clan" thing going but in trhe end it was just all piss and wind!

You can count me in for some kind of league set up, I`m very up for it!! A new thread needs to be started for this me thinks!

Comment

Wow, I just had a quick online game against a Japanese guy who skated, His win/loss was

1766/93 (now 1768 because both of us lost ) scarey

I beat him on DK Pass though.

Comment

I think the lack of communication between players allows me to just about tolerate people 'exploiting the game system' (see, I didn't say 'cheating'!).

Imagine losing to someone snaking all over the place, then having to listen to them talk crap to you afterwards... urgh...

Comment

Have a look at this lads please and add any comments!

http://ntsc-uk.domino.org/showthread.php?t=52902

Cheers!!

VM 8)

Comment

Originally posted by VonManc
            Matey that`s liablous, I didn`t snake once and you were also owned very.... and I mean very convincingly. Even if you had won Rainbow Road, which you weren`t even close you still didn`t have enough points to win. Your foolishness amuses me!

I think this can be achieved but peeps are gonna have to pull their finger out to get it sorted. There was talk of trying to get a MKDS "clan" thing going but in trhe end it was just all piss and wind!

You can count me in for some kind of league set up, I`m very up for it!! A new thread needs to be started for this me thinks!
            How can I have been owned, your talking crap!

I won the first map the figure 8 circuit, and came 2nd on the rainbow road by a karts lengh, id of won if i hadnt been bombed on the final corner, you only won overall as phillia pipped me on luigis on the final lap. You were lucky dude

Not sure the league thing will work, only EVER seen me you and phil online ever nomatter when i try and find anyone

Comment

How can I have been owned, your talking crap!

I won the first map the figure 8 circuit, and came 2nd on the rainbow road by a karts lengh, id of won if i hadnt been bombed on the final corner, you only won overall as phillia pipped me on luigis on the final lap. You were lucky dude
              Lol, maybe it was lag then mate cos on the THREE races that I WON, you were nowhere to be seen on my screen. I finshed about half a lap infront of you on Sky Garden too, that was comedy, I laughed!

You know what the answer is anyways fella, play me again, anytime. Although when I MSN you for a game you don`t reply, so I suspect that you are dodging me

We`ll get a game on over the weekend, see if you can win one

Comment

Originally posted by Brats
                You wouldn't win many games of SF using that method, so it's hardly the same. I really disapprove of the 'if it's in the game, it's in the game' attitude towards exploits like this. Just because you can use it, doesn't mean that you should.
                Possibly, but in that case you should define rules before you start. Like back in the arcade days of SF2 when using a throw meant you had to stop and allow your opponent to throw and no one was allowed to use Guile on World Warrior or Champion Edition. It's just a shame that the DS system doesn't allow any form of lobby or chat system because it would have solved a lot of the animosity and crap that comes with an online system. They could stop it becoming a chat room by having a time-out after 3 minutes of you connecting to other people but not playing a game or something.

Comment

I beat a guy yesterday, who disconnected as I finished the 4th race. Bloody stat loving hobo.

Comment

Originally posted by vertigo
                    It's just a shame that the DS system doesn't allow any form of lobby or chat system because it would have solved a lot of the animosity and crap that comes with an online system. They could stop it becoming a chat room by having a time-out after 3 minutes of you connecting to other people but not playing a game or something.
                    Some good suggestions there. I think at the end of the day this is new to Nintendo. I`m sure they`ll have some good online **** in place for us when the Revolution finally arrives.

Comment

Working...
                    X