Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MattyD
    I DEVOUR bosses for breakfast and WEAR their attack patterns on a NECKLACE

The only one that I haven't conquered - yet - is Fire Leo on V-Rated in Viewtiful Joe. It's not that I can't so much as that, I can't be arsed to fight through the Magnificent Five (surely the cheapest boss rush in history?) to reach him. By that time I've usually lost interest.
    I didn't get through the magnificent five even on normal mode. I'm not usually a slouch for games - fancy myself as a bit of a completist - but that brought me to a juddering halt. And it didn't even feel fun to perserveer.

Comment

I'm finding the final boss on Mario and Luigi pretty annoying to be honest, i just can't be arsed with it.

Comment

The bosses on Metroid Fusion are currently pissing me right off. You kill one, losing lots of energy in the process, and then end up getting done over by the floating X thing that appears afterwards. Makes me want to cry.

Comment

Originally posted by Vince
          I'm finding the final boss on Mario and Luigi pretty annoying to be honest, i just can't be arsed with it.
          I managed it on my second try. Did take around 30 minutes though.

Just use the right badges.

Comment

Originally posted by seany1979
            The bosses on Metroid Fusion are currently pissing me right off. You kill one, losing lots of energy in the process, and then end up getting done over by the floating X thing that appears afterwards. Makes me want to cry.
            Indeed, they are right feckers. The water level one (I think - it's the snake one) really got on my tits because you can't really avoid its random dash attack. Fortunately I love collecting hidden items so I'd found enough health by then to out-endure it.

Comment

Not a boss, but I remember as a kid I could never beat Sagat in Street Fighter II if I was playing as Chun-Li (which was pretty much all the time.) I got SUCH a complex about it, so much so that I began to just switch off the console the second I had to fight him because it got me into such a state.

Comment

Sagat on the SNES was a tough one back in the day...almost 0 delay on his fireball/uppercut routine. Beast!

On a similar note, I actually think it is impossible to beat Guile using Zangief on level 8-when he is the 4th+ fighter you face. Absolute joke.

Comment

I know it's not a boss, but level 3-6 on Tiger Road on the PC Engine just has me pulling my hair out, along with the second boss on Mr Heli.

Comment

dunno if its been said already, but dracula at the end of castlevania X on the snes was RIDICULOUSLY hard.

i've got a save state cart for my US snes and used it for the final boss, even when i'd hit him once, hide, save, hit him again, hide, save, i couldn't do it, then after about 2 hours of trying, me and my mate managed to beat him. then he goes and turns into a huge ****ing bat and gets all his health back again for a second round

we gave up.

Comment

I remember in streetfighter 2 in general.Throws have a ridiculous priority over other moves.
                      Also seen quite a few bugs where zangief can spin pile drive you half a screen away.

Usually it is fighting games that i struggle against some bosses.I have not had the pleasure of playing dead or alive 4 yet but i did hear its another cheesy boss

Comment

Originally posted by vertigo
                        The last boss of Parasite Eve 2 made me give up, mainly because as far as I could tell from the FAQs I had to resort to, you really had to have a ****load of grenades to sort it out and I couldn't be bothered going back through the level trying to harvest more grenades when I kept getting killed anyway. Couldn't do the boss with about 40 spare grenades and I wasn't running out of life, just usable ammunition, so I gave up.
                        Hah! Coming back to this thread, I see I already moaned about this on the first page

Currently stuck on chapter 15 of Ninja Gaiden, the red dinosaury things in the first room of the core. Not technically bosses but I can't beat them without having to use up some elixirs.

Comment

Working...
                        X