Remembering a generation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33
    I think this generation, dispite cries of graphical updates, has been a real evolution over the last generation.
    The 32/64-bit era was an era when 3D was really just finding it's feet. Of course, there were real gems that came of of that era (Zelda OoT and Panzer Saga standing out to me)... but when I look at the software we've been treated to in this generation, it's really the kind of stuff we DREAMED of 10 years ago. Go play RE4, or SotC/Ico or similar title and think back 10 years ago when you had your PlayStation...

I really can't wait to see what the next gen will bring, and hope it brings a similar amount of quality at a larger scale.
    I have to disagree. My point is simply that games like RE4, Halo2, even Half Life 2, will all look just as bad as Resident Evil PS1 looks now in 10 years. With most games I soon see beyond the graphics, and take RE4 for example; I hate Resident Evil games, but I bought it because people were raving about it. Sadly it's still the same kind of restrictive cumbersome title it's always been. The graphics are nice though, but that's not enough!

I like graphics just as much as any pixel-junkie, but gameplay is always going to be first and foremost. I don't think ICO, RE4 have pushed gameplay further, but I don't really expect them too. Games like Doom3 and RE4 are enjoyed just as much for their graphics as the gameplay they offer. I would say Resident Evil 1 in 1996 was just as visually amazing and gripping as RE4 was last year.

The Xbox has been my favourite machine because of the combination of Live, Gameplay and Graphics. Games like PGR2, Rallisport 2 are prime examples of all these factors working together to make a fresh exciting experiences.

The games I really hope for next-gen are unique exciting online experiences. I love my racing and sports games, but I would also like more variation in online gaming. With the power of the next-gen and some good imagination, I hope we can see some new kind of online experiences.

Comment

wrong topic

ooops
      Last edited by Jushin-Thunder-Liger; 14-02-2006, 10:30.

Comment

Working...
      X