Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ubisoft games are handist (options not included)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm left handed and yet ambidextrous in many things anyhow.

As it turns out (and I'm sure I posted this is another thread), I actually prefer the Goldeneye control method and actually have a hard time using anything else. Especially the Turok controls. I need my turn/move on the left, and strafe/look on the right. Thankfully the Timesplitter games allow full config on controls; why can't ALL FPS games be like that?
    Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem
      why can't ALL FPS games be like that?
      exactly.

Comment

I tend to still play the Goldneye way - forward/back and turn left/right on the left stick then look up/down (inverted) and strafe on the right stick. I prefer this way because strafing and moving forward/back are independent of each other. However, on the PC I have strafe as part of wasd and then turn left/right on the mouse. Most games seem to support this aside from demos which usually are quite limited anyway.

I don't find it difficult to move between them, when I initially played PDZ I didn't check the control options properly - initially it looked like I couldn't only swap the sticks entirely but you could mix the functions by going to 'classic PD' However, I played through the entire game the 'wrong' way to me, I just quickly adapted.

Incidentally, I'm right handed - from that point of view the control sticks make little difference to me.

John

Comment

As Simmy posted in the GRAW thread -modding a controller is a good option. I'd do that if it meant I could play my games how I wanted to.

Comment

Thanks for the warning - I struggle to play FPS games on pads at the best of times, so if they force me to have movement on the left and looking on the right then I won't buy them.

Although I probably wasn't going to buy it anyway, to be honest. GR:IT had all the config options I could ever want, but I was still so utterly terrible at it that I've pretty much given up hope on the genre.
            Last edited by mid; 03-03-2006, 08:11.

Comment

I can't do console fps if it doesn't offer the Turok style with look on the left and move/strafe on the right. This is why XBox XIII has sat on the shelf after 5 minutes of play and I downloaded the PC version instead.
              To not include a southpaw option is stupidity incarnate and shows a complete lack of interest in research of the consumer, so they deserve to sell no copies and to fall into a really deep hole in the middle of nowhere and break their ankle and not be able to climb out and then die.

Comment

Working...
              X