Most cash you've ever spent on a game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 112
    400 for a Q! fecks sake man! i hope it gives you good sex for that price!

yeah but it looks GREAT first thing in the morning. AND it says hello and goodbye. it's so easy to press all the right buttons. and when you're fed up, you can just turn it off and do something else.

find me anyone who does that and i'll happily p/ex my girlfriend!

-- sadat

Comment

Well, I'm not really a person that wants to spend a lot of cash on one game. but I have bought Conker's Bad Fur Day and NBA Hangtime (N64) for 70 pound each. Both were just the Pal versions. When I think of it, those were really high prices Conker was certainly worth the money, though. Hangtime also was very fun in multiplayer.

Comment

I spent something like ?75 on importing Revenge of Shinobi in 1990. Nowadays I pick up most stuff 2nd hand so I don't have to pay such rediculous prices.

Comment

I got my XBox just for Halo - does that count?

If it does then Half Life 2 will be my most expensive game - as I just spent about 500 quid upgrading my pc for it.

Otherwise it's FF3 for 80 pounds (well worth it )

Comment

Probably Chrono Trigger (US SNES). I paid ?90 for the game and official player's guide.

Comment

Super Street Fighter 2 : The New Challengers (USA) for the SNES at the princely sum of ?60. Not bad back then for a brand new sealed release.

Comment

Originally posted by Welrain
                Super Street Fighter 2 : The New Challengers (USA) for the SNES at the princely sum of ?60. Not bad back then for a brand new sealed release.
                I got that for brand spanking new for ?50 in the summer of 94. I pay less than everyone!

Comment

Before i had the internet and used it to order imports. ?80 on Shenmue Chapter 1 Yokasuka (JPN DC) when it first came out, wish i still owned this Soul Calibur 2 + Arcade stick Roughly ?110 inc post n pack.

Comment

?60 on Marvel vs Capcom 2 for DC on release day. I had to buy it because my friends and I had spent ridiculous amounts of cash playing the first one in the arcade, completely rinsing the fun out of it with our ghey Strider/Ryu matchups. Having a truckload of characters gave us a chance to change our styles. Unfortunately we soon found some new cheesemongers in the form of Dr Doom, Spiral and Cable. Another fighting game ruined.

Comment

Working...
                    X