Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, the accuracy of the worms on the challanges is somewhat annoying. The fact they can throw a grenade from the other side of the map, bounce them off several walls along the way and still land them at your feet is the epitome of cheating AI.

I've also now found that you can in fact use your own created team on a 1 on 1 single player game against the AI, but you have to set it up via local multiplayer
    Last edited by MartyG; 15-03-2007, 06:28.

Comment

Worms has always been like that, the wind always changes in their favour too so they can stick a bazooka right in you face from any angle.

Comment

I hated worms, bloody cheating ai with it's stupid accuracy.

Played turtles, I used to love that game but it isn't the same anymore

Comment

I did challenge 20 but pure wuss tactics, hiding myself away and girdering up them so they go to throw a grenade and watch it bounce off the girder and destroy them.

Still, it's not a certified tactic, when it's sudden death and it's 3 against 1 you gotta be really careful.

Comment

Worms can be fustrating, amount of times you hit a enemy Worm directly and they end up with a couple of points health left, ggrrr.

And as Marty said, their accuracy would put the SAS to shame

TMNT - only ended up managing to play for about 30 minutes, good fun, tougher than I remember tbh, bosses take some killing in 4 player co-op don't they.

Comment

Originally posted by Rossco View Post

Trying to do Challenge 20 on Worms and its actually IMPOSSIBLE!! Challenge 19 was bad enough and took bloody ages to get done but 20 is just taking the piss. 3 times in a row, I've got it to sudden death, 1 on 1, with 1 on 1 in health and I always lose as the computer can make a shot from any corner of the map with bazooka or grenade in any wind condition and stick it right at your feet.
              A cheap as hell way to nail it is to

just hide near the end of the round. Kill off most of the worms that you can then when its 2 on 2 or less just get your blowtorch out and dig a nice hidey hole. Run the clock down until sudden death and then emerge from your hidey hole and make the shot count. I'm ashamed to say I finished level 19 and 20 like this..and on level 19 the computer lost as its last worm drowned!

Comment

MWAAHAHAAAHAAAA I done it!!!

The last few tries, I had being doing the whole hiding in ditches thing, girdering up and blowtorching around underground, and just popping out to make shots every so often, and managed it this time before sudden death even kicked in. Saved my airstrike and homing missiles til the end when I could make 1 shot kills with them and finished them off.

So happy, can now put this game away happy that I've got all 12 achievements. But I'll still play on Live though, as thats ace fun with mates!

Comment

Castlevania coming next week then... http://gamerscoreblog.com/team/archi...16/543012.aspx

Comment

Past 4 week have been KICK ARSE for xbox live arcade, I'm waiting for the come down to be honest.
                    We've had Alien Hominid, Worms, TMNT and now Castlevania.
                    Just goes to show when it works, IT WORKS.

Comment

Indeed, all they have to do is keep it up and they will have the absolute best service hands down for good.

Comment

Originally posted by debug77 View Post
                        Castlevania coming next week then... http://gamerscoreblog.com/team/archi...16/543012.aspx
                        I'm really looking forward to this. Really really looking forward to this.

Comment

Originally posted by debug77 View Post
                          Yup - a lot of people have been looking forward to this one, Major Nelson has also posted about it on his blog: http://www.majornelson.com/archive/2...-of-night.aspx

Comment

So has anyone tried this weeks new XBLA release Luxor 2 ?

In other news, yesterday it was confirmed thet XBLA Sensible Soccer will feature online multiplayer, but it's not due out 'til "late summer"

Comment

I have submitted 4 teams for consideration to be included in XBLA SWOS - If you see teams with myself or Gerry Helmet as Captain you'll know we made the cut

Shoulda done an NTSC team never thought of that.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidHolliss View Post
                                So has anyone tried this weeks new XBLA release Luxor 2 ?

In other news, yesterday it was confirmed thet XBLA Sensible Soccer will feature online multiplayer, but it's not due out 'til "late summer"
                                Luxor 2 is a near exact clone of Zuma. Why we need two games so similar to each other I can't imagine. It would be like having Puyo Puyo and Mean Bean Machine up together.

Comment

Working...
                                X