This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
    Yeah I think so...trial version for me first I think.

Still umming and aahhing over Alien Hominid to be honest.

Why do they release the good titles at a time when there are games like Crackdown out? Surely they should have released these games in the weeks leading up to it, when there wasn't an AAA title out there taking peoples times up.

I can guarantee that IF Alien Hominid had come out before Crackdown, I'd have bought it.
    It's only ?6.80. Not exactly going to break the bank!

Comment

Oh sorry, I didn't realise that the price was the point.

Did I actually mention the price once? No need to be that flippant about the price anyway, £6.80 for a game that may last me two days (like most arcade titles). To put it into perspective, £6.80 is a weeks worth of nappies for my family. However, price ISN'T an issue, just felt that needed clarifying.

The point I was trying to make (and one I felt was obvious in my post) that they could have released these (Alien Hominid and Worms) and I'd have bought them because there was no big game taking all my playtime up, I'm less inclined to buy a game when I have plenty to be playing already. Instead, they released paperboy and....nothing.

Had they released Hominid a week or two ago and I'd have probably bought it. Now I'm in two minds, I never really gave it much of a chance when it was originally out because it is insanely hard even on easy, but now with the convenience of it being on my 360 hard drive it's a game I MIGHT dip in and out of, but I can't decide.

Apologies for repeating myself but I really did think I'd made my point abundantly clear the first time...

For me it's poor marketing. It doesn't detract from the quality of titles they might release, but it does make me think it should have been out beforehand...if they are gonna have weeks of "nothing" then do it when a big title has come out.
      Last edited by Jebus; 03-03-2007, 12:09.

Comment

Just noticed Worms will be up at 8am, instead of the normal 9am, nice

Comment

Well it my well be poor marketing or it may just be that they werent ready. Im really sick of people going on and on and on about the games not coming out quick enough. If they arent ready they arent ready, i dont see people going on about delays in every post in every Nintendo thread becuase we all know Nintendo take ages as well.

I dont know if its because people see these as just small arcade games that they think they should be taking next to no time to get done. Maybe im giving MS the benefit of the doubt but im just sick of the complaining.

Oh and that wasnt just aimed at Jebus, just want to make that clear.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
            There is a patch for Lost Planet
            They have added country flags and a little symbol in game next to your name when you speak. The flag adddition has really messed this up imo - people drop in and straight out far more than before Silly move!

Comment

Originally posted by Ajay1986 View Post
              Well it my well be poor marketing or it may just be that they werent ready. Im really sick of people going on and on and on about the games not coming out quick enough. If they arent ready they arent ready, i dont see people going on about delays in every post in every Nintendo thread becuase we all know Nintendo take ages as well.

I dont know if its because people see these as just small arcade games that they think they should be taking next to no time to get done. Maybe im giving MS the benefit of the doubt but im just sick of the complaining.

Oh and that wasnt just aimed at Jebus, just want to make that clear.
              Absolutely fair play mate, literally all I'm saying is that due to the fact they weren't ready (and lets be honest here, they should have been) they've (currently at least) lost a sale because I am absolutely certain if Hominid had been released two weeks ago I'd have purchased it. I always intended to buy it, but now I don't see the need because I'm playing Crackdown so much.

Ultimately though they haven't actually lost a sale because I've already paid for the MS points...they've already had my money.

I think I would prefer if they didn't say anything, didn't announce any games and each wednesday something just appeared. It's just a case of them announcing SO MANY titles that it's very disappointing and frustrating when weeks go by with nothing happening. Then when they do, the moment has kinda passed.

Regarding Nintendo though, don't they release like 3 VC games a week? I know they don't have anything added to them like Live arcade titles but still!

Comment

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. It wasn't too long ago that MS were being slated for being too coy on releasing information of new games to the press. Now when they do, they're cained because they're not automatically out there.

I do agree that information should be held back until they at least have a fairly strong bearing of when they can release the content, rather than waiting six months into the future like they did with worms, but the situation is changing.

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
                  Regarding Nintendo though, don't they release like 3 VC games a week? I know they don't have anything added to them like Live arcade titles but still!
                  Doesn't exactly take much to upload 3 roms though.

Comment

Turtles!

Tommorrow!!

*dies*

Comment

Originally posted by C' View Post
                      Turtles!

Tommorrow!!

*dies*
                      Ohhhhhhhhhhh yea!!!

Comment

I have 400 points spare, can't wait.

Comment

Amazing really, after a TERRIBLE start to the year what a wonderful three weeks this has turned out to be, Alien Hominid, Worms (which wasn't nearly as butchered as it sounded but I can definitely see them tearing our asses out with premium DLC) and now Turtles.

Finally they got their **** together, they just need to keep it going for a little while now.

Comment

Playable demo of Viva Pinata on US website. No, it's not the interactive demo, it a no-save-play as long as you want demo!

Comment

Yeah I can imagine getting rectally violated on Worms. Trouble is I love it so I'm likely to bend over willingly. The shame.

Still - t looks great in HD.

Comment

What time do the XBL arcade games go on the server on Wednesdays? Soon at Turtles is on I'm downloading it!

Comment

Working...
                                X