X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's been confirmed it's 400 points

Comment

Worms is still being certified, and features have had to be left out to get it under 50mb guess due to the game being announced before the XBLA size limit increase ?

Find in-depth gaming news and hands-on reviews of the latest video games, video consoles and accessories.

Comment

Ooh I'll be having paperboy just ignore all my moaning about the XBLA of late

I would've done a little wee if it'd been 720 !!!

Come to think of it - Toobin' co-op on live would be outstanding - somebody make it happen !

Comment

Originally posted by DavidHolliss View Post
          Worms is still being certified, and features have had to be left out to get it under 50mb guess due to the game being announced before the XBLA size limit increase ?

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/02/12/wo...ing-certified/
          Features left out? WTF! Who gives a **** when it was announced. Now Mircosoft have raised the limit I hope we get the full on Worms experience!!

Comment

If they cock worms up it may be the last time I've even slightly interested in live arcade. It's a superb title that almost feels though it were built for a platform like live.

Can anyone explain the "certification process" at all? What does it take to get a 10+ year old game certified? Christ.

As a result, the XBLA version is lacking in audio content and environmental themes; and an OXM review notes that the baseball bat, skunk, 'select worm' option, and 'Holy Hand' grenade have been left out.
            Oh you ****ing simpletons. HOW can they leave out the baseball bat, holy hand grenade and select worm option? Well done...oh well done. How can they justifty leaving weapons out as due to space? Sounds to me like they just want to release a weapon pack later for a fee.

Worst still though that it is "lacking in audio content and enviromental themes"...so basically we're getting half a game.

Tossers.

but is committed to expanding Worms with downloadable content packs, both free and premium; similar to how Q Entertainment is handling Lumines Live.
            Oh dear oh dear...I am gutted. "Premium"...absolutely gutted. They had a first class opportunity with this live arcade title, they really did. Seriously I've been looking forward to this for ages, as had a few of my mates...gutted.

Still, at least paperboy might be worth a quick go.
            Last edited by Jebus; 13-02-2007, 13:36.

Comment

"OXM review notes that the baseball bat, skunk, 'select worm' option, and 'Holy Hand' grenade have been left out. Team17 maintains that the omissions won't affect gameplay, but is committed to expanding Worms with downloadable content packs, both free and premium."

I smell a rape... how the hell does a baseball bat and select worm allow the game to fit under 50mb

Let's just wait for the 1200 point pricing and 800 point packs...

Comment

Or to sell expansion packs at a later date with content that should have already been in the original release to begin with.

Comment

Indeed, the worst thing for me is that I was gonna buy this game outright without even playing the demo, which would be a first for me on live arcade.

To be honest, if all that stuff is true, they can stick it up their arses.

Virtual Console may not have rankings/leaderboards/live but at least the full game is there.

Utterly poor show and they are riding their luck right now, they really are.

Comment

Just read elsewhere that Ikaruga was apparently floating around on PartnerNet.

Supposedly it's been removed and wasn't working properly anyway, but if it's true... hot damn!

Comment

rumour on neogaf that Ikuraga is up on Partnernet - though it crashes when it loads up...

as with all neogaf rumours, take a large dose of salt

Comment

Now that would be big XBLA love, Ikaruga played with a 360 pad

Comment

In 720p.

Comment

Originally posted by Brats View Post
                            You could list loads of genres that have yet to be tapped, like graphic adventures. Who wouldn't sell their worldly possessions for a HD update of Day of the Tentacle? But arcade is young and the developers completely underestimated its success. To think that after a year it should have every base covered is somewhat unrealistic.
                            And I don't think that, but out of the games that are there there's a lot of repetition genre wise. But I don't know how it works, there's a lot of companies involved and I don't know who gets to choose what goes on.

Going back to the point about old games, why should age even matter? A good game is a good game, surely? Who cares when it came out provided it still plays well. If it's graphics, then I don't get your argument. Tapper looks as good as any SNES game (not bad for a 1983 arcade game). If it's the size of the games, then you need to look at games in a different light. Geometry Wars is no larger or deeper than any of the old games, it just looks prettier.
                            Age doesn't matter if it's a good game but I don't think a lot of these games have stood the test of time that well. They're nostalgia purchases really and the likes of Pacman are far too overdone. I don't have an issue with graphics though Tapper definitely doesn't look as good as a SNES game!

Comment

Originally posted by John Beaulieu View Post
                              rumour on neogaf that Ikuraga is up on Partnernet - though it crashes when it loads up...

as with all neogaf rumours, take a large dose of salt
                              Could be, what with Treasure making 'RS3' for 360...

Fingers crossed. Ikaruga = best shooter ever in my opinion. It is a thing of beauty.

Comment

It is a thing of beauty.
                                Yup, it truly is, and a tiny package too ... I believe the data on the DC disk was only about 20Mb ... perfect for Live Arcade, but once again, like most XBLA rumours, I'll believe it when I see it.

Comment

Working...
                                X