Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 players turtles/simpsons arcade games please.

Comment

Originally posted by Crisp_Rapper View Post
      4 players turtles/simpsons arcade games please.
      cowabunga! now that's what I would be interested in!

Comment

Oh **** power drift on XBLA - I'd happily cough up 1200 points for that...

Comment

Root Beer Tapper is up. Typical Digital Eclipse release with the usual options (these guys must be raking it in by converting all these old games!).

Had never played it before but it seems okay. Might buy it the next time I get some points.

Comment

I'll be getting it, spent hours on the Spectrum version in the mid 80's

EDIT: don't know why images aren't displaying properly, click them for screenshots - if you so desire.
            Last edited by VR46; 06-09-2007, 10:34.

Comment

Aye, Tapper is a really good game, even by todays standards. Plenty of panic moments and carefully timed movement. It's an instant buy for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Kotatsu Neko View Post
                Did you play Assault Heroes? I thought that one was really good, well worth the points. Robo Blitz looked pretty good too and I would have bought it had the price been better.

The stuff they've announced for the coming months sounds good to me - Paperboy, Symphony of the Night, Castle Crashers, Alien Homonid... I'll likely buy all of those.
                Assault Heroes was fab. To be fair, there have been a lot of good original games on Arcade recently, but most people have completely ignored them. Some of the fault is with the developers who have not released very good trials:

Heavy Wepaon is a blast four player - so why not release a multi-player only trial?

RoboBlitz is great once you power up Blitz a bit and he can actually control well. Once you get the tractor beam, the physics in the game really opens up and it becomes great fun. Not in the trial though.

Small Arms is good once you get over the sheer frantic way you think the game should be played. Once calmed down, it plays a decent game (multiplayer only once again).

Comment

I tried the demo of RoboBlitz and quite liked it. I was just missing Craig Charles shouting in my ear whilst sniffing coke from the smooth buttock of a teenager on a golf course.

But yeah, we need Powerdrift (how good is the soundtrack!?), Simpsons (still not dated), and Turtles (could be dated after TurtlesIV on the SNES)... as well as a LOT of SNK classics that we'll never see as long as SNKP can bundle them up for PS2.

(shocking score for the FF btw - FFS is a classic)
                  Last edited by dataDave; 07-02-2007, 11:30.

Comment

Is there an email address at MS where we can mail them arcade suggestions? They have one for backcompat... and I think Major Nelson gave away a live arcade email address a good while back in a podcast.

Maybe we could start a petition to get classic SEGA arcade games in Live Arcade.

Comment

We're unlikely to see Turtles or Simpsons on Live due to licensing issues. Give me Castle Crashers instead!

Comment

Originally posted by Kotatsu Neko View Post
                        Is there an email address at MS where we can mail them arcade suggestions? They have one for backcompat... and I think Major Nelson gave away a live arcade email address a good while back in a podcast.

Maybe we could start a petition to get classic SEGA arcade games in Live Arcade.
                        I know Greg Canessa's gamertag is SilverSurfer. You could always send him a message:

I sent him a request before for MS to give more time to the developers of Mad Tracks to allow them to implement online play. And a few weeks later MS announced they were going to delay the release to implement online play!

I'm not saying anything but.......you can all thank me later .

Comment

Originally posted by TheForce View Post
                          I'm also not waiting for these very old games, give me something retro from the last 5-10 years instead of 20 year old games,
                          I would like to see games like ScudRacer, Daytona, VirtuaFighter 2, RaveRacer, ChuChuRocket, etc

yes, that would be great.... still have small hope for this coming to XBLA

As much as I wish they'd do Scud Race, it'll never happen. It's the game Sega has disowned... The bastards!

Goes back to listening to the OST on iPod...'Tell me, yoouu get whhhat you wahhaannnt... Caaalll meeeee... don't leet meeeee doooowwwn...'
                          Last edited by ProgScan; 07-02-2007, 19:19.

Comment

Originally posted by Brats View Post
                            I know Greg Canessa's gamertag is SilverSurfer. You could always send him a message:

I sent him a request before for MS to give more time to the developers of Mad Tracks to allow them to implement online play. And a few weeks later MS announced they were going to delay the release to implement online play!

I'm not saying anything but.......you can all thank me later .
                            I did a google and it turns out Greg runs a blog called Gamerscore with a bunch of other MS guys, so I sent them a mail with some SEGA pleading.

Got to be a reason for it, but I can't fathom what it could be.

Comment

Originally posted by ProgScan View Post
                              As much as I wish they'd do Scud Race, it'll never happen. It's the game Sega has disowned... The bastards!

Goes back to listening to the OST on iPod...'Tell me, yoouu get whhhat you wahhaannnt... Caaalll meeeee... don't leet meeeee doooowwwn...'
                              And to think they had a SCUD race demo running on the Dreamcast...

Comment

I still think Scud Race is one of the funniest videogame titles ever ... probably because, round our way, if you are "in the scud", you're naked. I just keep imagining this naturist Track'n'Field game ...

Comment

Working...
                                X