This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jebus
    Oh yeah, and 10 titles starting in February? Worms could be 10 weeks away then, so possibly even as late as April.
    It could be later than that - the press release says "Starting in February" and goes on to say "All these games are scheduled to become available during Xbox Live Arcade Wednesdays in the coming weeks" and "a sample of the diverse and entertaining games that will be coming to the service in 2007", so there's no guarantee we're going to see one of those a week from Feb 7th ( first Wednesday in Feb ). Without dates and prices it's not really saying much, some of them might not be with us until December 2007 ...
    Last edited by MartyG; 31-01-2007, 08:32.

Comment

True, surely they must have something good lined up for XBLA for next Wednesday though after two weeks "off".

Comment

I remember last time I thought they missed out a week and they secretly slipped out the best XBLA game to date, DooM!

*prays for castlevania/worms*

Comment

major says ghost recon 2 demo up on marketplace for gold members, ill take this above any XBLA game release thanks very much.

Comment

It's up now, the GRAW 2 demo... and a Fusion Frenzy 2 demo.. nice one MS!

Comment

Yup..GRAW 2 is up..

Comment

Just heard the GRAW2 demo is up !

Bah - beaten to it

Comment

Downloading pretty quick too, done 15% in under 5 minutes on a 2mb connection.

Comment

XBLA Monster Madness is up - only the gamer pics though!

Comment

Real prizes for Xbox 360 Achievement points?

GamesRadar+ takes you closer to the games, movies and TV you love.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidHolliss View Post
                        True, surely they must have something good lined up for XBLA for next Wednesday though after two weeks "off".

The trouble is, I don't think they consider these past two weeks to have been "off"...I think they consider them successful.

Comment

Originally posted by Concept View Post
                          Simple. They're centeralised. Many ports aren't bundled together or all one console.
                          So as I said, besides 'the simple conveniance of having just one console under the TV' there is no advantage.

It's an odd criticism to have - I take it you're not a fan of MAME either?
                          No, but for different reasons. I never use emulation simply because I don't believe in downloading roms for free. Call me old fashioned, but I believe you should pay for the games you play.

You might therefore think that the VC would then be ideal as it provides a legitimate way to own all these games on one system. However the problem is that many of these old games have dated (let's be honest) and rely on leaderboards to keep them alive. Games like Robotron are 100% about high scores. Without it, it just becomes another retro game that people play for about five minutes purely due to nostalgia (like most of the VC content to be fair). But with the online leaderboards it becomes a great game, 1000 times better than without.

Plus there is the fact that these games were intended as full games when they were originally released. I have no idea how anyone expects to actually give four new games a really good thrashing every week (on top of the full price games coming out). I play a lot and I can't keep up with that. I know Symphony of the Night will take me hours to complete alone. I've sunk hours into some of the twitch games on Live arcade. I've downloaded only two titles on the VC and I've still to really play through those to anything like satisfaction.

I believe a lot of people download these titles and play them for ten minutes only purely as a nostalgis trip, then let them rot. Those people moaning on here about the lack of live arcade releases, how many games have you got all 200 points on that you have paid for? Not many I bet.

It should be about quality, not quantity. And for those people that have no qualms with free emulation (the rest of the planet except me then) what reason do they have at all to pay for VC gamnes with absolutely no improvements. Just buy a chipped XBox or connect a PC to your TV and you're home.

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
                            The trouble is, I don't think they consider these past two weeks to have been "off"...I think they consider them successful.
                            I think they are. I enjoyed Heavy Weapon and the add ons for Lumines are great (especially Heavenly Star ).

You can't please all people all the time, etc, etc....

Comment

Excellent post Brats and one I have to agree with.

Great example would be MK64 - One of the titles I really wanted to see on VC - Came out of nowhere, I download it and find that it's fun for a very short while but no more.

Now, had it had xbox live style online play, possibly enhanced graphics (the sprites) and time attack leaderboards it'd have been like a whole new MK release.

I'm all for the XBLA taking however long but (as I've said many, many times) I just wish they'd give us a clear indication of some kind of release schedule - particularly as I get the impression they're sitting on a whole wealth of XBLA content and choosing what to drip feed and when......

Comment

Brats when I said two "off" weeks I meant last weeks Lumines add on's, and this weeks nothing.

I also bought Heavy Weapon the week before and thoroughly enjoy it

Comment

Working...
                                X