Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How is a extra mission pack a new Arcade title, I think that it is a bit cheeky.

Comment

Originally posted by erhgiez View Post
      Werent we promised worms this week? Thanks Microsoft
      Nope, it was announced last week that it was the Lumines expansions today.

As for it being cheeky, it is a bit but I find it easier to swallow than that Uno Kameo deck or whatever it was a while back.

Comment

Save the space on your 360's HDD by NOT downloading the Heavenly Star skin. It adds nothing to the game and the song is a piece of cliche ridden 90's pop. All the flickering in the video is actually quite distracting as well.

Comment

Where's SENSIBLE SOCCER ? This is getting to be very poor how hard can it be to have a schedule for at LEAST the next 4 weeks ?

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
            Save the space on your 360's HDD by NOT downloading the Heavenly Star skin. It adds nothing to the game and the song is a piece of cliche ridden 90's pop. All the flickering in the video is actually quite distracting as well.
            Although it's not the kind of music I would normally listen to I think it fits Lumines quite well, and it's a damn sight more interesting than the simplistic midi burbles in the rest of the game.

I hope Q release more of these full video/audio skins to be honest, eventually enough to completely replace the default ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshimax-UK View Post
              Where's SENSIBLE SOCCER ? This is getting to be very poor how hard can it be to have a schedule for at LEAST the next 4 weeks ?
              From listening to Major Nelson's interviews with various MS and Live Arcade devs it sounds like they release stuff pretty much the moment it passes certification. I bet any schedule they have internally is very fluid and so not really suitable for public consumption.

No excuse for Nintendo with the virtual console though. They really should be able to publish listings for months in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshimax-UK View Post
                I can't help feeling that they are shooting themselves in the foot over and over with live arcade to be honest. I don't mean to sound ungrateful (and ultimately it's not like the stuff is free, we DO have to pay for it if we want it) but I personally don't think stuff like this is really good enough. A company this size that can't get a game out a week? Ms Pacman, no thanks. I suppose some people must have bought it though. Worms, how many people want it, and furthermore how hard can it be to get it out?

If we're talking retro, whatever happened to Sonic since they showed in the live arcade wednesday video from E3 (I think it was from E3)...

Castle Crashers
                Alien Hominid
                Worms
                Castlevania
                Sonic

Just 5 I've seen mentioned that I'll PAY for the full game. Any chance you could narrow it down to a month Microsoft, or have you only got 2 adults and the work experience kid working on live arcade?

Perhaps a bit strong, and at least Lumines packs are better than an Uno deck, but I don't have Lumines and I'm sure there are others like that, so another barren week for me. I think Crackdown demo was put back to Tuesday to take the sting out of the fact that they have no live arcade title this week. Cynical me?

As I said, perhaps harsh, perhaps a tad ungrateful but I don't believe they are using live arcade to it's full potential.

It doesn't help that I'm screaming for castle crashers and worms, I'll admit.

Comment

Looks like Double Dragon may be hitting XBLA in March, and for a measly 400 points

Find in-depth gaming news and hands-on reviews of the latest video games, video consoles and accessories.
                  Last edited by VR46; 27-01-2007, 19:18.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidHolliss View Post
                    Looks like Double Dragon may be hitting XBLA in March, and for a measly 400 points

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/01/26/pe...xbla-makeover/
                    Wouldnt be suprised if it was sooner. 400 points=?3.41. How many 10p's did i spend on that arcade elbowing the bad guys in the face, superb.
                    It was reviewed in this months official UK xbox mag 7/10.

Sensi has now been confirmed for Summer release
                    Only good news we can take though officially is...

"In this version the user will be able to play two main modes of SWOS. Mode 1 will be the original Amiga game (we haven?t touched the core game code) with enhanced graphics and enhanced game features. Mode 2 will be the actual original Amiga game from the mid 90s. Again we haven?t altered the game code in any way"

"To produce the authentic SWOS experience we'll be using the original source code used in SWOS 96/97, so you can celebrate now! The core gameplay will be untouched, and therefore identical to that within the SWOS96/97 game"

"You?ll be able to play online and there will be high-score tables all as standard. We?ll announce more details in due course"

We should be seeing Worms in Feb (fingers crossed) a new date has been confirmed internally but they aint gonna release the date until they have a 100% confirmation its gonna happen, its out of testing/certification now so it should be soon.
                    Am predicting 1200 points on it though.....Would be nice if it was cheaper.

Comment

Great news on SWOS being port perfect even if the delay is disappointing. Now... how about Stunt Car Racer, Alien Breed, Xenon 2 and Speedball 2? :P

Is Symphony of the Night still due for Feburary? Or was that only ever an unconfirmed rumour?

MS would do well to try and at least get Castle Crashers and Alien Hominid out this half of the year.

Comment

And 4 player Ninja Turtles which they touted last E3 (unless they're holding it back to coincide with the new film release in March).

Comment

Originally posted by Concept View Post
                          Great news on SWOS being port perfect even if the delay is disappointing. Now... how about Stunt Car Racer, Alien Breed, Xenon 2 and Speedball 2? :P

Is Symphony of the Night still due for Feburary? Or was that only ever an unconfirmed rumour?

MS would do well to try and at least get Castle Crashers and Alien Hominid out this half of the year.
                          You would think with Team 17 onboard they could revive some Amiga classics, they might still do if interest is high, bet they just wanna get worms out the way first and see the result from that.
                          Must say I would give body parts to see Alien Breed Tower Assault on XBLA I LOVED that game or even Super Frog, Super Stardust, ATR and Kingpin they are all XBLA friendly games.
                          Kinda brings you back to the whole should MS pushing XBLA to more devs? and when they do push more of the devs for their back catalogs?

Comment

Indeed. And Project X.

Comment

On a Team 17 note, just reading on Wiki about their beef with Amiga Power. They didn't cover themselves in glory there.

Comment

OMG i want Double Dragon, i love it so much. One of them games i remember playing over and over again as a kid. A retro title actually worth bothering with.

Comment

Working...
                                X