This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AllYourBase View Post
    This is really taking the piss. How can a company the size of Microsoft not have more resources/muscle needed in order to get some decent content every week onto XBLA?
    Isn't it just a case of these things take time to make? Also MS are only releasing 1 game per week on purpose, at least they are spreading the goods ones out evenly.

If we'd of had Castlevania and worms on the same day, you'd only be complaining next week that nothing good was out.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
      Isn't it just a case of these things take time to make? Also MS are only releasing 1 game per week on purpose, at least they are spreading the goods ones out evenly.

If we'd of had Castlevania and worms on the same day, you'd only be complaining next week that nothing good was out.
      Yeah original new stuff does take time to make. If there were more of that I wouldn't be complaining. Stuff like Dig Dug, Ms Pac Man and Rally-X seem fairly lazy really, bolted on live features - whoopie-do!

I'd just like to see more big names (lumines, etc), big name deals (castlevania) and modern spins on classic franchises (worms) happening on a more frequent basis. That was the promise of XBL from the beginning, so far the gold has been few and far between.

Comment

Demo for Crackdown is up, can some kind soul start a first play, with impressions obv.
        Thanksingyuse.

Comment

I just bought Doom at the weekend for old skool playback as I was demonstrating how easy it is to buy games to my friends that were round.

Some ace tunes on it, forgot how good the soundtrack is. I can see where Grant Kirkhope got many of his ideas for PD64 now. There are also shades of NIN there too with teh Rezn0r being a right plagerising FPS fanboy.

I still have the floppy disk version with box somewhere.

Comment

Online co-op is brilliant in Doom !!!

Comment

It has co-op!? I just shat my baws!!

Comment

If a co-op match happens sometime make sure I'm invited, I seemed to be on at the wrong times when everyone was playing this and missed it all.

Comment

The Lumines downloads are up.

Comment

so is that todays live arcade stuff then?

Full details Nicked of Major nelson

Name: VS CPU Pack
                    Price: 100 Points

Name: Puzzle/Mission Pack
                    Price: 100 Points

Name: Heavenly Star Skin
                    Price: Free until Feburary 21, 2007 for Xbox Live Gold Members

the free one sounds cool as its a song produced by Tetsuya Mizuguchi,
                    Last edited by Lebowski; 24-01-2007, 10:36. Reason: bit of research

Comment

The Heavenly Star skin is 124MB! The other packs are both under 30MB.

The 50MB limit on XBLA games has well and truly been broken now.

Comment

The new skin is pretty cool. Nice Lumines-ey tune and the visual style is like the old Aha "Take on Me" video. 8)

Comment

Out of interest, and to save me trawling through 69 pages, what's the proposed release date for Castlevania and Worms please?

Comment

Looks like we'll get Worms some time in February (not confirmed). Castlevania, don't know, late Feb/March I guess.

That vague enough for you ?

Comment

That's perfect, thanks. Whoever said Microsoft were bad with release dates.

Comment

Werent we promised worms this week? Thanks Microsoft

Comment

Working...
                                X