No announcement yet.

Nintendo Wii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i would guess a GC memory card - can anyone confirm though?

Comment

why are they going up??

Amazon have them in stock for 23 pounds!

Comment

I guess people are too stupid to check elsewhere other than ebay....

Comment

Originally posted by Gavin
          Question - do you also need a GC mem card to save GC games?
          Yes

Comment

Got my Wii today! This is the best thing EVER! I don't usually think things live up to the hype but this does! You have to play it to see! A lot of people will buy one once they play it!

Nintendo is onto a winner! It's mint!
            Last edited by MarioMark; 28-11-2006, 23:31.

Comment

1UP's Top 10 Complaints About The Wii:

Comment

Originally posted by Oh! My Car!
                i would guess a GC memory card - can anyone confirm though?
                I stuck a PAL Chibi Robo in yesterday and without a GC mem card in a slot it would only let me play without saving.

Comment

Well I've had my Wii for about 24 hours now. It has been turned on for a large number of these. Here's my opinions, tell me if you agree/disagree.

* The Composite video output quality has been improved a kazillion times over the GameCube. Put Super Smash Brothers Melee into your Wii and look at it in Composite with the Flicker Filter option in the menu turned off. The level of detail is not too far off Component video on a good TV. Obviously there's more interference and such but of course, it's Composite.

* Trauma Center has been flicker filtered so looks a lot blurrier through other games. Maybe playing in Component 480p turns the flicker filter off?

* The remote takes a short amount of time to get used to ... like 4 minutes - but once you get it, you're hooked.

* It's a LOT easier to select menu options if you hold the remote with both hands (like a gun!)

* Wii Sports is one of the best games (except maybe for Zelda) right now

* First impressions are that Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz is a total dog to control. Is it just me?

Comment

Trauma Center does not support 480p anyway, so may well always look crap, a far cry from those lovely sceenshots from ages back. You just have to look at the messy text to see something is wrong.
                    Still a decent game though.
                    Call of Duty 3 looks just as bad.

Other games I have incl. DBZ, Monkey Ball, Wii Sports, ExciteTruck and the VC stuff look fine.

Monkey Ball is wierd at first, I was truing to control it by moving the remote left and right, but you actually just have to keep it in the same position and tilt it.

Comment

Is it true that the Wired adaptor for the Wii isn't going to be available until January? That's pretty poor if true.

Comment

Originally posted by Concept
                        Is it true that the Wired adaptor for the Wii isn't going to be available until January? That's pretty poor if true.
                        http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/onlineWiredTS.jsp

Comment

On nintendo japans site it still says its coming out in december.

Comment

Has anyone asked Datel about a Freeloader for Wii games?

Or tested JP Wii-games on a US-machine with the Freeloader/AR?

Comment

Anyone see something strange about this pic?

White GC ports? They're black on mine for sure...

Comment

Yeah, the top of the final console is black under the flap.

They also replaced the Nintendo logos with Wii ones and made the disc slot wider and added felt padding, and also moved the Reset button to underneath the Power one.

Comment

Working...
                                X