No announcement yet.

Nintendo Wii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Story about Wiimote patent infringement: http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2006/12...er_wii_remote/

Comment

Originally posted by Crown Prince
      Ok, I realise the answer will be here somewhere but WTF is going on with the News/Weather channels? Tells me update, I update, get told don't need to.

Short of using my laptop, my desktop, my work pooter, the TV or sticking my head outside, I want to use my Wii to see what's going on outside DAMNIT!

So - how?
      Wait until the channels begin service, I think the weather one is sometime in December and the news one in January.

Comment

Would that be 'alleged' patent infringement?

I don't see this one going anywhere TBH - for a start the Wii remote isn't a pointer, it has a digital camera that works out its aiming position relative to the lights in the sensor bar, and sensors that work out its postion and angle in 3D space. Zing!

Comment

Thanks to whoever recommended using the little stand for the sensor bar, it seems to have stopped the fidgety pointer on the home screen.

Comment

Nice, I'll have to try the sensor bar stand then, I've been experiencing some troubles.

Comment

Had a whole bunch of Lucy's personal training clients round on Monday night for mulled wine and mince pies. Normally when people see all the consoles under my telly they say WTF IS ALL THAT NONSENSE? WHY ON EARTH DO YOU NEED MORE THAN ONE? 5?? ARE YOU MAD?

But not this time.

This time, everyone was like "Have you seen this Wii thing? What's it all about? Is it good? Aparantly it's like exercise?" (I kid you not).

So there wii have it. 15 people aged between 30 and 60 who have never used a console in their life and are all wanting to know about Wii. And not one mention of the wee joke. 2 of them are going to get one but have no idea why.

Can I change my prediction that sony will come out on top again?

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr
                Had a whole bunch of Lucy's personal training clients round on Monday night for mulled wine and mince pies. Normally when people see all the consoles under my telly they say WTF IS ALL THAT NONSENSE? WHY ON EARTH DO YOU NEED MORE THAN ONE? 5?? ARE YOU MAD?

But not this time.

This time, everyone was like "Have you seen this Wii thing? What's it all about? Is it good? Aparantly it's like exercise?" (I kid you not).

So there wii have it. 15 people aged between 30 and 60 who have never used a console in their life and are all wanting to know about Wii. And not one mention of the wee joke. 2 of them are going to get one but have no idea why.

Can I change my prediction that sony will come out on top again?
                Nope your stuck with that prediction. (^_^)

I'll get the humble pie baking do you want cream or ice cream on it

Comment

If my freinds and family are anything to go by then Nintendo have succeeded in capturing the imagination of people who otherwise have never touched a console.

My brother (Who has a PS2) bought my 2nd Wii after him and his fiance had 30mins on Wii Sports. My Gran was asking if it was good. And, Jesus Christ, even my Mum was desperate for a go on the bowling last night. She picked it up pretty quick as did her partner. Neither have touched a game before in their lives. She's seen many of my games and consoles over the years but she said that the Wii was the first time she had ever felt the slightest inclination to have a go.

So well done Nintendo. You're off to a great start. Mission accomplished as far as my experience since Friday is concerned

Just don't drop the ball along the line like you did with the last two consoles

Comment

Twilight Princess notched up a 74% attach rate in the European launch week

Comment

All the fogies at my joint want a Wii now too!

Comment

I've now been drafted in to provide Wii to two (fit) lesbians. News at 11
                        Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

People of all sexualities love Wii

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mdAnzsnTy4

Wii60 FTW!

Comment

Really hope they come up with a first person bruce lee nunchuka simulator

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy
                                Really hope they come up with a first person bruce lee nunchuka simulator
                                With those wrist-straps? Not a chance

Comment

Working...
                                X