No announcement yet.

Nintendo Wii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there anyone else out there whose trying to use the Cable & Wireless 802.11g mini usb adapter for their Wii and having any success?

I bought the above to use with my DS last year and it works fine, but i run into "can't connect to internet" errors during the Wii testing connection phase.

Would really like to get some use out of the classic controller sometime soon.

Comment

My "Wii System Update" is taking forever - seriously about 20 mins so far and still counting - is this normal?

Comment

It can take a while. I think congestion has a lot to do with it.

Comment

I was pleasantly surprised by just how quick my updating was. Of course, I was lurching about like a drunk with the cursor for the first while, its a bit on the sensitive side, isn't it?

Comment

My update only took about 5 mins if I remember correctly. Connection has been great with the wi-fi dongle, too. Really glad I bought one.

Comment

My update took around 10 minutes with my wi-fi dongle which annoyed me because i had to find and instal the dirvers again because there was a malfunction with my dongle. But its working fine and im now playing f-zero

Comment

Mine took about 20 mins before I changed my router channel to 11, then all updates thereon were lightning quick. I think its to do with intereference with other wireless in the area.

Comment

For those of you that understand Norwegian: Wii over 60.

A reporter brings a Wii to a retirement home and the elderly jump around, enthusiasticly and cheering while "beating" each other in boxing and praise the games for making them move physically.

(Loosely) translated paragraph:

- "I think I've decided to buy a Wii for the retirement home. Even Margrethe thinks this is fun", says Torill Eik and compliments 93 year old Margrethe Holm for her smashes [Wii Tennis].

Margrethe doesn't let the compliments get to her head.

"Good my ass - "You lose" it says!"

Comment

Old people know best. **** that wiimote strap, we don't need that ****!

Comment

haha. their eyesight must be better than mine if they are playing on a tv as ****ing small as that.

Comment

Whew... finally got around to trying to update my US Wii here, and it isn't bricked!

There's someone in my block of flats with an unsecured connection (ooops) so latched onto that, did the "Brazil trick" for buying some points, and got Super Star Soldier for the TG16. So I'm a happy bunny. Just need to get it permanently connected now!
                        Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

My UK wii was instant set up with lightening quick downloads!!!!

Comment

Indeed, I think the updates took about 3 minutes, and getting SSS about 30 seconds.
                            Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Mine updated very quick but twice this morning its just been blinking on and off for ages, finally i turned it on to see if i could see what was happening and i'd received two messages! Does anyone know if you turn it on mid-download if you lose the information downloaded so far?

Comment

News/Weather?

Ok, I realise the answer will be here somewhere but WTF is going on with the News/Weather channels? Tells me update, I update, get told don't need to.

Short of using my laptop, my desktop, my work pooter, the TV or sticking my head outside, I want to use my Wii to see what's going on outside DAMNIT!

So - how?

Comment

Working...
                                X