Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool,
    From Gamespot :
    NES games will cost 500 yen (around $4.25), SNES games will cost 800 yen ($6.80), and N64 games will go for 1,000 yen ($8.50). It did not give pricing for TurboGrafx, MSX, or Sega Genesis games, which will also be made available. Games can be bought either by credit card or via prepaid point cards much like those used when making Xbox Live Marketplace purchases

Comment

GameSpot will have complete coverage of the US event, including a tape-delayed live video broadcast of the presentation itself.

their countdown is not for the live one. It's still 14.00GMT

Post any live text updates from the US press briefing you find here btw!
      Last edited by reektan; 14-09-2006, 12:48.

Comment

Hmm slightly more than i expected for the console and the games, but i mean it's okay i GUESS for the console with Wii Sports, but it's shoveling a game onto people...wouldn't it appeal more if they just had a base unit for $200? Seems to make alot more sense to me, as that's a more accessible price point for most people.

And the games? $50? WTF, didn't they say that the games were going to be cheap? Umm yeah very cheap Nintendo, considering 360 games are like $8 more from Tronixweb.com...

Comment

Dont' forget Zelda will be $58 as well, the Wii games aren't *that* much cheaper than the 360 tbh.

Comment

Dont' forget Zelda will be $58 as well, the Wii games aren't *that* much cheaper than the 360 tbh.
            None of this had been confirmed yet

Comment

$250 for the console is more than I expected and I can stomach that especially if it has Wii sports as a packin (yay packins!) - it's what, 132 pounds (minus import+shipping charges that is).

$50 a game I can't. This console is meant to be accessible to everybody, right? Well, $50 a game is accessible to me but only just.

Here's hoping Nintendo will release a large number of cheaper, simpler games to fill my collection with.

Also, let me get this straight - no Zelda or Metroid for the [US] launch?
              Last edited by Lyris; 14-09-2006, 12:50.

Comment

I've just watched the videos on Nintendo's site showing the face editor stuff and how it plugs into the Wii Sports games. Very neat idea.

Amazing they've even included a kind of mini Photoshop so you can edit photos too. Really not the kind of depth I would have expected from Nintendo. (given their traditional games only aproach)

The pricing is a little higher than I expected, but then they are the JP prices so there's a chance I guess the US system could be less. $199 really would be a better level for them to aim for.

Comment

So... anyone want to confirm if the US conference starts in FOUR MINUTES and who might be live blogging it? >_<

Comment

I think evreyone should wait untill Nintendo announce something, and take the NY times info lightly.
                    After all how many consoles launch on a Sunday ?

Comment

Originally posted by H-Man
                      That's my worry - pick up a US wii and can't play friends online, or pick up a pal console and don't get 480p. If Nintendo confirm that we'll get 480p as standard in the uk i'll probably pick one up at launch.
                      Why would you not be able to go online? I've had Japanese and US DSs and they go online no problem. Same with my US box 360. (which also includes credit card payment stuff)

Comment

So... anyone want to confirm if the US conference starts in FOUR MINUTES and who might be live blogging it? >_<
                        Gamespot are saying 3 hours

Comment

Originally posted by dvdmike
                          Gamespot are saying 3 hours
                          Originally posted by reektan
                          GameSpot will have complete coverage of the US event, including a tape-delayed live video broadcast of the presentation itself.

their countdown is not for the live one. It's still 14.00GMT

Post any live text updates from the US press briefing you find here btw!
                          :/

Comment

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH there must be a site there just must be

Comment

gamespots one is a delayed video! the conf is on now.

Comment

Anyone know a blog update showing whats happenng?

Comment

Working...
                                X