Dreamcast.ign.com has been relaunched

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dreamcast.ign.com has been relaunched

But they don't seem to be covering any of the new games. Pointless?

Perhaps, but could still be a fairly good read.

Don't see why they can't cover new stuff, it's silly not to.

Comment

Originally posted by IGN
      The Dreamcast didn't fail, we failed the Dreamcast

Comment

i read somewhere they plan to re-review all of the games, this involves playing all of the titles again.

Comment

Speaking of the dreamcast came across a issue 1 of dreamcast monthly mag
          So i had a flick through
          The launch line up and early release list was quite impressive i thought.

From what i can gather though the dreamcast was not a flop (think it did sell a ton of units) wasent it something to do with segas financial situation that really ended the system ?

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy
            Speaking of the dreamcast came across a issue 1 of dreamcast monthly mag
            So i had a flick through
            The launch line up and early release list was quite impressive i thought.

From what i can gather though the dreamcast was not a flop (think it did sell a ton of units) wasent it something to do with segas financial situation that really ended the system ?
            They sold loads of machines but then a lot of people sold them or traded them back in, which resulted in poor software sales. Couple this with Sega losing loads of money on Shenmue and investing in online gaming before veryone was ready and you have the reasons why Sega ended up in the situation they did.

I wouldn't say that DC was a flop but it certainly lost out in the last generation (DC/PS2/G3/XBOX).

Comment

The hype Sony created about the PS2 and its Emotion Engine ensured that the Dreamcast had no chance, really.

Comment

I have to say though i got a dreamcast very later on

Got a system and about 12 games.The reason i bought it was for marvel vs capcom 2 though

Comment

Originally posted by goldenhawk
                  i read somewhere they plan to re-review all of the games, this involves playing all of the titles again.
                  Slow week at IGN?

Comment

Originally posted by Kongster
                    The hype Sony created about the PS2 and its Emotion Engine ensured that the Dreamcast had no chance, really.
                    "The Dreamcast was killed by the imagined power of the PlayStation 2"
                    EDGE.

Comment

Yep. But this relaunch by IGN just typifies the recovery of interest in that console in general, from what I can make out.Quite a few (non-hardcore-gamer) people I know are buying PAL Dreamcasts from Crime Converters or etc, cause they're cheap and they've heard there were some decent games.

Comment

Yeah, I've noticed the prices of certain games creeping up too. Maybe it's officially fallen into the "retro" category where the price gouging really begins.

Comment

"If you manage to find a copy of Bang! (and getting a hold of this game is about as easy as finding nuts in the winter), you'll probably have this reaction: "Holy s@&# this game kicks ass!"..."

"Bang! Gunship Elite is a lot like having a wife. It's good, but it's the same crap every day"

Good to see the quality of journalism remains stable. Although I think it's mostly tongue in cheek - no idea how long this is going to last:

Why he's doing this for free:
                          "It's only dead if you lay it to rest. Also, I am gay for Sega."

Comment

This is good news - going to take a while though (to finish all those games)

Comment

Still don't know if it's a pisstake or not. Had a look over at the editors favourite DC games.

No mention of Shenmue, Shenmue II or PSO. Boo to you, sirs.

If it's true though, and we're talking full-on coverage, then kudos IGN.

Comment

Working...
                              X