No announcement yet.

Dreamcast.ign.com has been relaunched

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dreamcast = greatest console ever, rightfully deserves all the coverage it gets.

DC didn't sell badly it did quite well i'm in no doubt its sales would have finished above the GC and xbox if it wasn't killed off so prematurely, but sega were leaking money at the time and good sales wasn't enough they needed excellent sales. It still annoys me how the DC was killed off by the mere presence of the ps2.

Comment

Originally posted by Kongster
      The hype Sony created about the PS2 and its Emotion Engine ensured that the Dreamcast had no chance, really.
      Indeed, in the run-up to the PS2's launch I felt a great disturbance in the SEGA, as if millions of Dreamcasts suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Comment

Just when the wounds were about to close, allowing one to move on and put the dream to sleep, they do something like this, thereby re-igniting the soul.

Or some such gubbins. I've just eaten steak so am feeling all light headed as a result. This post is probably 78% all gibberish.

But hey, I think it's great, even if it's nothing substantial. It's a bit of light hearted fun where people can think back and enjoy the best it had to offer. It really was one of, if not the, best systems around.

I suddenly feel like rummaging through my collection of DC-UK mags (brilliant mag I thought).

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy
          Speaking of the dreamcast came across a issue 1 of dreamcast monthly mag
          So i had a flick through
          The launch line up and early release list was quite impressive i thought.

From what i can gather though the dreamcast was not a flop (think it did sell a ton of units) wasent it something to do with segas financial situation that really ended the system ?
          They only sold about 10 million in total worldwide. That's poor.

Comment

Working...
          X