Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"What's your PS3 price point?" (poll changed, so please revote)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"What's your PS3 price point?" (poll changed, so please revote)

What's your purchase price point for the PS3?

Sorry, I had to change the poll to exact amounts. Please revote if you already did.
    ?349+
    0%
    ?299
    0%
    ?249
    0%
    ?199
    0%
    <?199
    0%

The poll is expired.

If the PS3 was the only console available, I'd stump up ?350, but since I want all 3, I'll have to go for the Wii and 360 first and wait for the PS3 to come down in price to <?199 (or get it 2nd hand). So that'll be 4 years then.

Comment

I voted ?249 because ?300 is still an obscene amount of cash to pay for a games machine. Even ?249 is a lot considering how much the games will cost. I couldn't give a monkey's about the multimedia capabilities or Blu Ray or anything like that. I only want to play games.

Comment

I voted ?249. At a push I might go for ?299 pending just how many exclusive titles that appeal to me were on sale by that point, but ideally I see ?249 as the adoption point for me with the console. So er, it?s going to be a long wait I think.

PS: I assume when voting we're voting from the point of view of wanting the top spec 80gb/HDMI version of the PS3.

Comment

Charles, what the **** is a Prince Point?

A Prince (or artist formally known as...) game would be more than interesting to say the least. And I would buy a PS3 instantly for it, no matter the cost.

Comment

ahem. title changed.

Comment

300 is still my magic number, but inline with the poll ?299 - you didn't reset the poll, so can't revote.

Comment

?299 for the "premium" version I guess, dependant on a killer game or two.

I think all the people who voted for those lower options will have to wait a long time.

Comment

?200 for me, no more, no less. I think i'll be waiting a while.

Comment

?249 for me

Comment

?349+ to sell on eBay for ?749 haha!

I think under ?300 would sit ok with me for a fully loaded pack, currently isn't rrp going to be ?425? I don't even care about blu-ray. Way too expensive for a console!

Comment

Let's not foget they're going to want us to buy enough games with the machine to cancel out the loss they make when selling the machine. That's going to be a tall order indeed when game prices will at least match the ?50 RRP of 360 titles.

Comment

I've never paid ?300+ for a console and never will. ?299 for me.

Comment

well, id pay a max of ?250 cos i jus dont wanna part with that much cash for something that will yes bring me enjoyment, but its not that much more enjoyment than what i have now with my current gen games, that im still tryna get through,why rush? Like bruce lee says "you'll miss all the heavenly glory........" lol

Saying that though i did pay ?500 for a sega saturn when it came out, but i was young and my parents loved me............ sigh......... to be 15 again..........

Sorry Dad, for wasting yah money! But your son really did enjoy the console back in the day!

Comment

Originally posted by 112
                              Saying that though i did pay ?500 for a sega saturn when it came out

It really makes you think, doesn't it.. In 10-15 years, the prices some people will have paid for a PS3 will seem ridiculous.

Definitly ?199 (I got the first re-vote in :P)

Comment

Working...
                              X