No announcement yet.

Burnout Paradise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweet, very interested in the PSN release now.

Comment

There are 4 new download packs being announced, details of teh first one are below.

Burnout Paradise Pack 4 (See below)
      We'll be unveiling the full content of our next downloadable pack on 31st Oct '08. Of course, we'll bring you all the detail here on www.criteriongames.com. You can expect this pack in Spring '09.

Burnout Paradise Pack 5
      will be announced on 7th November 2008. Check back to www.criteriongames.com on that day for all the detail. You can expect this pack in Spring '09.

Burnout Paradise Pack 6
      will be announced on 14th November 2008. Check back to www.criteriongames.com on that day for all the detail. You can expect this pack in Spring '09.

Burnout Paradise Pack 7
      will be announced on 21st November. Check back to www.criteriongames.com on that day for all the detail. You can expect this pack in Spring '09.

Originally posted by Criterion Games
      We're finally ready to unveil the first in a wide range of new Burnout Paradise content for 2009.

Our first pack of the year will be called Burnout? Paradise Party.

Burnout Paradise is an awesome social game, but the action's all online. With Party, we wanted to create something for when all the players are in one place ? gathered around a single screen.

Fans of the classic Crash Mode from Burnout 2: Point of Impact will know that this is not the first time we've done something like this. And we hope the response to Party is as warm as it was for Crash mode.

So, if you like to get together and play games, it's time to break out the drinks, party hats and balloons!

Now you can enjoy Burnout Paradise in a completely new way.

1. Get together with up to 7 friends and gather round a PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360. Here you can see us lining up for a little Halloween-themed fun with Burnout Party. You can see the full session in our latest Crash TV video podcast - it's The Halloween Special!

2. Start Burnout Paradise and get the Party Pack update from the Store or Xbox Live

3. Pause to admire the excellent new Party Edition visuals and atmosphere! We've overhauled not just the presentation screens but also the in-game visuals, which are now brighter and more colourful in recognition of Burnout's new party theme.

4. Select 8-player party and get ready for the action.

5. It's pass-the-pad, so you'll only need one controller to play, no matter how many players are involved!

6. The game selects a player at random and drops them into Paradise with a simple, fun challenge to complete.

Land a barrel roll!

Survive racing oncoming traffic

Race a circuit of the dirt track in the best possible time

There are 3 types of challenge to take on ? Stunt, Speed and Skill. Stunt involves jumps and tricks. Speed features quick time trials and timed challenges. Skill includes racing through oncoming traffic and drifting your car.

7. Pick up the winner and run around cheering / commiserate the loser

8. Give it another go! Don?t forget, there are extra trophies and achievements available within this pack.

You'll be able to purchase this awesome premium Burnout Paradise content from February 2009.

Comment

Great to see someone doing downloadable content right, instead of charging players for content that should of been there to begin with.

I tip my bonnet to you criterion

Comment

Does it not say on the bottom we have to purchase it?

Also, when are we getting the new island?

Comment

That all sounds pretty great to me. The shots look good and it would be great to have some new areas, even though I haven't yet got to grips with the current areas.

Comment

It does say premium & purchase so at least some of it will be chargeable. I really don't have a problem with them charging when I consider that it's with DLC pack 4 that they start charging.

I'm really hoping that one of the packs will be some proper bike content as the free download felt more like a demo of what was possible and most of the junctions had no events at all. Some extra things for the bikes such as races could add a lot to it for me.

One think I'd wondered about before was what happens to the people who have earned the platinum trophy (not me) when the add on is released as you only get that for earning all the other trophies but the pack adds more of them.

Comment

They've released details of Pack 5 today.
                Here?s this week?s big announcement!

We?re talking Burnout Paradise Legendary Cars.

This year, we?ve introduced some of the most incredible vehicles yet seen in a Burnout game. Our FREE Cagney pack brought you the crazy Steel Oval Racer and the Hippie Wagon, and the FREE Bikes Pack brought motorcycles to Paradise City for the first time ever.

In 2009, we?re taking Burnout vehicles to the next level with some truly unbelievable new vehicles. First up ? The Jansen 88 Special.

This classic 1980?s styled silver sports car is based on the fan-favourite Jansen P12, but we?ve made a few interesting modifications.

Fill the gauge and hit boost to trigger burning flame trails from your back wheels. The 88 Special?s fast, manoeuvrable and great in the air.

In fact, if you want to take off, this is just the car for you. Hit L3 to switch to hover mode ? the wheels retract and the car takes off and hovers through Paradise City at head height.

Seriously. It hovers.

This is the first of 4 cars that we?re making available as part of a wealth of new downloadable content for Burnout Paradise. They?re available to buy individually or discounted, if you pick up the whole set. In addition to the Jansen 88 Special, look out for the Cavalry Bootlegger, Manhattan Spirit and the GT Nighthawk.

We?ll bring you details of these in a future post or on Crash TV ? our video podcast.

We?ll be back next week with another cracking podcast and another killer announcement for next year?s awesome Burnout Paradise content.

Comment

I just sold Burnout as it wasn't getting any play but the rerelease in Feb is getting tempting

Comment

all all the free downloads available on the ps3 version yet? I was tempted to download this the other day, but only the demo and full game appear to be up.

Comment

Originally posted by John Parry View Post
                      The Jansen 88 Special. Seriously. It hovers.
                      I take it from the design, it only hovers when you reach 88 miles per hour

Comment

Originally posted by Strider View Post
                        all all the free downloads available on the ps3 version yet? I was tempted to download this the other day, but only the demo and full game appear to be up.
                        PS3 has updated no later than the 360 version each time, sometimes before.

Comment

Box art for the Ultimate Box:

Comment

The weekly update with details on Pack 6.
                            Another week, yet another announcement from Criterion!

As regular readers of the blog should know ? we?re really committed to keep supporting Burnout Paradise through 2009, so this week we?re so pleased to tell you about ANOTHER DLC pack that?s coming.

Two weeks ago we told you about our Burnout Paradise Party Pack ? giving you great pass-the-pad party play on your sofa?

Last week we gave you the first sneak-peek of what?s coming in our Burnout Paradise Legendary Cars Pack, with the amazing, hovering 88 Special?

This week, well, we think the screenshot speaks for itself ? the Burnout Paradise Toy Cars Pack:

We hope you agree that we?re keeping up our promise to take Burnout Paradise into places you?d never imagined.

These Special Edition Burnout Collectibles will be coming in 2009.
                            Next Friday, we?ll be back to tell you about even more DLC that?s coming next year.

(And regular readers and fans ? we know what DLC we?ve not talked about in a while ? be patient with us, it?ll come ? it?s just we?ve still got MORE to tell you that you?ve not even heard about.)

See you in 7 days!
                            Criterion Announces Burnout Paradise Toy Cars Pack (14/11/08)

Comment

Madness I tell you, madness! I'm not really digging these wacky cars, but with the upcoming party mode I can see why they're doing it.

Comment

They look awesome especially that Mclaren looking F1 car. They remind me of those cars that yous stuck a penny in and they went whizzing off.

This is definetly a game that i'll still be playing after the christmas onslaught has been and gone.

Comment

Working...
                                X