Burnout Paradise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr M0by View Post
    Woah! Say what? I've got back to this game recently due to forthcoming start/restart update, for the first time since trophies where implemented on the PS3 & now that's all lost and I've got to start again for the 3rd time? I must be misunderstanding you, surely.
    Yeah, I think you misunderstand. If you've start again since the trophy patch everything's fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Number45 View Post
      Yeah, I think you misunderstand. If you've start again since the trophy patch everything's fine.
      Phew.

I kind of regret not spending more time with this when it came out. I played it for a while but I recall only having 10-15% completion before it sat unplayed until after Christmas, 10.5 months later. It didn't help that I found myself addicted to The Club leaderboard chasing around the time, & the releases of Geometry Wars: Galaxies, Beats, Everyday Shooter, Rez HD, Patapon, Zack & Wiki etc etc.
      I was particularly put off by the lack of a start/restart option and the trickyness of tracking my way across from each start to finish. It's only after playing it again regulary that i realised that there are only so many 'finish lines', which actually makes it pretty easy to learn your way around. Regardless of whether you've never raced from that start position before, at some point towards the end of the route, you will be considerably practised in the final approach. It's now quite possibly my most played game of 09 so far.

Comment

**** YEAH! I fought the law and I won! New DLC teaser...**** you can only find details on it through PS3 and PC. John can you shed any light?

Criterion Games is an award-winning studio based in Guildford UK and is part of Electronic Arts.

Comment

It's not been working since yesterday buuuuut, when they showed this video...

...a while back where it mentions 'more game modes' then shows that logo I thought it was hinting that Pursuit Mode was making a comeback.

Comment

I've managed to get into it now.

Originally posted by Criterion Games Network
            When we revealed our 2009 premium content packs at the end of last year, we didn't mention everything we're working on here at Criterion Games.

Now, amidst all the excitement of releasing the Party Pack, we're ready for our next big premium content announcement for 2009.

And what better place to bring the news to you than on our new in-game website - The Criterion Games Network!

Slotting in soon after the Party Pack, Legendary Cars, Toy Cars and boost Specials, comes another premium pack - Cops & Robbers. This ones dedicated to bring you the thrills and spills of Cops & Robbers car chases in Paradise City.

We're keeping details of the pack under wraps for a little longer, but here are the first ever screenshots to keep you going! Check these stunning high resolution at www.criteriongames.com and on Sony's excellent PlayStation Blog from Monday (9th February 2009).
            It's got a couple of screenshots but it won't let me download them. They show a couple of car chases, it looks like one car being chased and it's 3 cop cars in one and two in the other. There may be more cars but it only seems to show a small section of the full shot.

There seems to be different models of cop car including a Le Mans type racer, I can't make out whether they are just new skins for current cars or completely new cars. I'm sure we'll find out on Monday though.

It's a same 360 owners won't have access to this in-game site as it's a bit like the Burnout news thing that's in the game but with more info and more details on the stats you have. To be honest, people probably aren't interested but I always like to see stats for games that I've played so the more there are the better for me really!

Comment

Yeah I saw a shot from Crash TV that had that logo in it. Some sites are saying it maybe released July 31st, based on the license plate of the cop car in the above trailer. Totally forgot about the pursuit mode from BO2, my first thought was some kind of cops and robbers team based style mode like that seen in Midtown Madness.

*EDIT*

Ahhh, just read your second post. Looking forward to checking it out on Monday.

I know what you mean about stat tracking, I'm the same.
              Last edited by MonkeyWrench; 06-02-2009, 21:00.

Comment

Is Burnout Paradise Party pack for spending 7.99 ? I don't do much online gaming so far.

Comment

The Party Pack is off-line only.

Comment

Off-line only!?! Anyone know of any particular reason why it can't be played/implemented online. Oh well at least I found out before I spent my money! Does the Ultimate Box include the Party Pack? I've convinced my brother to get this, regardless.

Comment

Yes ultimate includes party pack pal.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr M0by View Post
                        Off-line only!?! Anyone know of any particular reason why it can't be played/implemented online. Oh well at least I found out before I spent my money! Does the Ultimate Box include the Party Pack? I've convinced my brother to get this, regardless.
                        I thought the same thing when they first announced it but after playing it, they've made the right decision. It could easily be set up online but that really misses the reason for the pack being created. It was developed so that people who either don't want to or can't play online who've got mates around can play a multiplayer game.

It reminds me quite a bit of Micro Machine v3 on the PS1, the fun in that was because you were all sitting in front of the same TV and just messing around together.

I played it a couple of days back with 9 mates, we'd all had a few drinks and were having such a laugh for the hour or so that we spent playing it. There really isn't anything in the pack which would work outside of the load of people in a room, one screen, one controller set-up. A big part of it is just being there and having a laugh with your mates.

The online side of Burnout covers everything and if you really wanted to then you could create your own games along the lines of what is included in the pack really easily.

After playing it for an hour or so I know no that this really is the first game that will be fired up with mates after the pub.
                        Last edited by JP; 08-02-2009, 09:29.

Comment

Presuming it's coming soon as sometimes when I'm on the compare trophies option it lists the trophies for the Toy Car's expansion pack which isn't out yet. Cool.

Comment

does any one know if the event restart is only in the party pack ?

Comment

Just a sort of Off Topic question, but is there a limit to a studio with how many extra trophies/acheivements they can add through DLC? Or can they say add new ones for every pack?

Comment

With achievements, DLC can take the maximum number of achievements up to 60 and the maximum points up to 1,250.

Comment

Working...
                                X