PSP 2.71 to 1.5 out now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PSP 2.71 to 1.5 out now

For all homebrew fans, you can now downgrade your 2.71 to 1.5 Firmware.

Just done mine, it worked perfect!

Full story here http://pspupdates.qj.net/2-71-PSP-s-...g/49/aid/63896

Good news. Now, I wonder how many people have updated to 2.8 to continue this endless cycle of 'when is the downgrader being released'?

Comment

I would do this but I'm worried about bricking my PSP. What are the chances of that happening?

Should I downgrade or wait for an eLoader to show up?

Comment

Downgrading is by far the best option. I really don't know what the exact chances of bricking are and haven't tried this particular one but I found that, once I was very clear on the instructions and knew it worked for people, I was happy to do it. I can't help feeling that the bricked PSPs were due to some step being missed along the way. I can't be sure about that and there are no guarantees though.

Comment

Originally posted by chosen_one666
          I would do this but I'm worried about bricking my PSP. What are the chances of that happening?

Should I downgrade or wait for an eLoader to show up?
          Mine is a Jap oringinal PSP (Was a 1.0, upgraded to 2.71) and the this lastest downgrade works like a dream on my machine.

But as ever if you are unsure, don't do it, buy a 1.5 instead

Comment

I'd personally wait a while longer to see how stable it is - there are reports of it bricking peoples PSP, including someone on rllmukforum.

Might even be worth waiting for the new eLoader as it should provide support for all homebrew without the need for GTA

As before it doesn't work on newer PSPs (TA-082).

Comment

I just did it on mine and it worked fine. It usually takes a few tries for it to execute the code instead of just crashing which is slightly disconcerting but when it worked it went without a hitch.

2.71 downgrade + Devhook + custom firmware = 2.71/1.5 dual boot = 8)
              Last edited by NekoFever; 02-09-2006, 16:49.

Comment

Okay, so a 2.71-1.50 Downgrade Made Easy type tool has been released and I'm considering using it.

If I did, how would I go about running emulators and the likes? Is it as simple as putting the files on my memory stick and running them from the PSP menu, or is something else needed?

Comment

Okay, so a 2.71-1.50 Downgrade Made Easy type tool has been released and I'm considering using it.

If I did, how would I go about running emulators and the likes? Is it as simple as putting the files on my memory stick and running them from the PSP menu, or is something else needed?
                  Basically as you say mate.

You can then look into using Devhook to 'emulate' 2.71 and play 2.71 games on a 1.5, and even install a custom firmware to choose between 1.5 and 2.71 (Devhook) on startup using the WiFi switch.

Comment

The emus are easy to install. With help and encouragement I managed to do it, and I am glad I did, as the SNES, Genesis/MD and CPS1/2 emulation is super.

Comment

Seany are they all full screen and full speed with sound ?

Comment

SNES was not full speed when I dabbled with it. Genesis was very good on 99% of the games I tried.

Comment

See here for a video of how it works and news about a bug fix

Comment

I've been playing around with the latest SNES one and it's not nearly full speed. Even at 333MHz there's some major slowdown and games like Yoshi's Island are just unplayable. Chrono Trigger works fine though, so it's OK with me.

ScummVM, though...mmmmm.

Comment

The new GBA emu, gPSP is worth a look as well as the older emus for PC Engine and even PSPectrum. The list could go on....

Comment

Working...
                              X