Entitlements. Not what you think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DavidFallows
    It's apparent to me at least that Sony really don't care about the games this time around - seems to me they're using the PS3 as a condom for the huge blu-ray penis they're going to bumrape everyone with.
    Post of the month.

Comment

GAME are EA's bitches, if they display a certain percentage of the stores POS as EA products and always have EA title X at number 1 in the charts from X many weeks, then EA give GAME a wholesale discount.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG
        For example, why not negotiate with the likes of GAME for a percentage of profit from 2nd hand sales? That way everyone wins.
        I know it's a quick example, but that really doesn't seem possible.

GAME have a huge market share and generate huge amounts of revenue through second-hand games. If Sony suddenly asked for a cut, GAME would just tell them to **** off. Sony could threaten to pull the console from the shelves, but as GAME have such a huge highstreet penetration it would likely cripple Sony more than the second hand market.

Equally, developers and publishers would have something to say about it too:

A) If Sony's getting a share, why aren't we? We're the ones who make the damn games.
        B) If Sony is threatening to pull its support from the biggest retailers in the business, that's going to hurt our revenue on the console, why continue to publish on their platform?

Comment

Working...
        X