No announcement yet.

US Wii: Preorder Details Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just took a look on the UPS site and put in the Wii as bing 14lbs (well packed with games and extra controller) on a quick delivery and it came up with this. So I don't think it's that far off the mark. Got to agree with Dazzla though that shipping from Canada does seem way cheaper.

Calculate Time and Cost
    Time and Cost SummaryShip From: NEW YORK, 10001, UNITED STATESShip To: LEEDS, ls19 7ae, UNITED KINGDOMShipment Date: Thursday, December 14, 2006 Total Shipment Weight: 14 lbs. Customs Value: 400.00 USDDaily Pickup: No Drop-off / Pickup: I will pay shipping charges and ship my package at a retail location such as The UPS Store? or UPS Customer Center.
    Find Locations Address Type: ResidentialNumber of Packages: 1 Duty Type: 01 - Dutiable
    Package Weight Dimensions / Packaging Declared Value Notices 1 14 lbs. 20 x 7 x 12 in. /
    Your Packaging 400 USD Rates By ServiceServiceContact UPS
    By:Latest Pickup
    Time:Total
    (All Packages)UPS Worldwide ExpressSM
    Guaranteed By:
    By End of Day
    Monday December 18, 2006
    8:00 P.M.
    Thursday
    December 14, 2006 9:00 P.M.
    Thursday
    December 14, 2006 160.42 *
    UPS Worldwide ExpeditedSM
    Delivered by:
    By End of Day
    Tuesday December 19, 2006

Hmmm it missed out the prices!!!

For Monday it was $165 and Tuesday was $155.00
    Last edited by Womble9; 13-12-2006, 14:28.

Comment

I got my eBay seller to include the UPS shipping quote with my Wii and that was about $180ish too. I went with USPS in the end ($70 i think) and just waited a week longer for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Briareos
        Number 36 on the VG+ list.

Patience is a virtue...
        I'm number 35.

GET TOLD

Comment

Originally posted by Fat_Bob
          Just got to find a place to get trauma centre and rayman and i'm all done.
          Tronix have got both in stock, I just ordered them both for $111 including Fedex delivery.

Comment

Originally posted by mr_sockochris
            I got my eBay seller to include the UPS shipping quote with my Wii and that was about $180ish too. I went with USPS in the end ($70 i think) and just waited a week longer for it.
            Out of interest how long was you'rs sat on the USPS site for doing nothing as mine's been there since the 8th now. Spoke to them last night and they said it'd left them but still no update yet (sat in customs now maybe??). And how long in total did it take please?.

Comment

I had to go to uni today to sort out some student finance stuff, and i had to wait 2 hours for the office to open, so i figured i'd go see my friend who lives on campus
              we were chatting about games cos he had his xbox 360 on when i went in, and i said that i was waiting for a nintendo wii, and then he pointed to his floor where he had 2 PAL ones laying there!
              i was like 'aren't you gonna plug one in?' and he just goes 'nah i can't be bothered, they're on ebay anyway'
              WHAT A ****!
              he'd pre-ordered one from game, and one from virgin, and he's aiming for ?400-500 each

Comment

I've moved up to number 16

cool. prob have it in about 9 days? i would guess.

Also cuz im THAT much of a ****tard Zelda fanboy...The GC version is on its way to me now! from VG+ should have that on Saturday.

**** it...its ZELDA! need!

Comment

dude i think it's equally as vital to play the gamecube version
                  because it's the way they originally planned for the world to look like

Comment

Right, getting really pissed off with the whole PAL pre-order farce so, I may just go for a US Wii instead next year.

Few questions for those who have them already please:

Power Supply? - stepdown, swap figure 8 or obtain PAL psu

Online issues - no issues, issues with Wii points, online play compatability, other online issues?

Think those are my only concerns about owning a US version. All my Cube games are NTSC-U so that would be a bonus.

Comment

This is ****ing cack. ft:

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ono
                        Right, getting really pissed off with the whole PAL pre-order farce so, I may just go for a US Wii instead next year.

Few questions for those who have them already please:

Power Supply? - stepdown, swap figure 8 or obtain PAL psu

Online issues - no issues, issues with Wii points, online play compatability, other online issues?

Think those are my only concerns about owning a US version. All my Cube games are NTSC-U so that would be a bonus.
                        Power Supply- Stepdown (70w-ish minimum), or UK PSU.

Online Issues - No issues, online works fine. Required to use US points card, or set country to Brazil to use UK credit card.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33
                          Online Issues - No issues, online works fine. Required to use US points card, or set country to Brazil to use UK credit card.
                          So when mine finally turns up and I set the country to Brazil so I can use my UK credit / debit card will I have full access to the US VC games?, might sound a bit silly but will the Wii menus still all be in English too?.

Comment

On the subject of UK PSUs, I've contacted Nintendo and 'they will be available' but 'we don't know when' and 'we don't know how much they'll cost.'

Helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by Womble9
                              So when mine finally turns up and I set the country to Brazil so I can use my UK credit / debit card will I have full access to the US VC games?, might sound a bit silly but will the Wii menus still all be in English too?.
                              The procedure is as follows:

1) Set country to Brazil (may require reaccepting the T&C)
                              2) Go online
                              3) Purchase points using credit card because in Brazil, they only check against postcode, not full address
                              4) Quit online
                              5) Reset country to US (will require reaccepting the T&C)
                              6) Go back online and buy games!

And yes, what language you use is set independent to the country you say you are in.
                              Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Good news that DVDBO are still shipping 'em out. Could peeps who ordered from them keep posting when they ship along with their order dates? I ordered mine on the 29th Sept. Just spoke to Chris on the online chat who thinks they should receive them every week till Xmas, then a large shipment in 1st week of Jan. How true this is, I dunno.

Comment

Working...
                                X