No announcement yet.

Your gaming Nemeses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, thought of another one. I would suggest this one is a fraction less hard than M Bison I mentioned earlier, but that still makes him, well, pretty darn hard.

Mortal Kombat 1, SNES

Sub Zero

Was it just me or was he rock hard? And then, to top it off he'd ALWAYS be in at least one of the three double combat rounds.

You'd beat scorpian with a nano metre of health bar left and then Subby would jump in and kick your ass so quickly that it was down right WRONG.

I did actually complete MK a few times. Goro was a git, so was Shang Tsung, but both were faeries compared to the iceikle flinging hell demon!!!

Errm, I've said too much.

-weresheep

EDIT: Why oh why is it you only spot spelling mistakes AFTER you post the damn thing!!!

EDIT2: DAMNIT, I'm going to bed and I don't care if I've spelt anything else wrong.

Comment

My talented, but despotic, videogame buddy who would always, at the climax of Double Dragon, proceed to beat seven shades of chimp crap out of me and grab the glory.

My cretin videogame buddy who will kill me ?by accident, gov? the instant you look away during one of Perfect Dark?s many team missions. So many enemies/friends...

Comment

Cervantes in both Soul Calibur games. Playing through the original on Ultra Hard, no problem. However, as soon as Cerventes decides he wants a piece of me I lose it completely. I just can't determine any effective counters to his attacks and it seems as soon as he's got me I can kiss good night to the round. ft:

Comment

any 2d fighter game ever, i just cant do them but in specific games level 3 on sonic spinball - never got past it without cheating and the last boss of sonic 2 i used to be able to do it but now i just jump into the spikes evrytime, very annoying

Comment

MP on Gears of War. Any of them. Just get my backside packaged and handed to me everytime on any kind of deathmatch.

Comment

Comment

No matter how good I got as a kid, getting to Bison in the arcade SF2 made me nervous, just the music would trigger the onset of fear. Even after killing him time and time again, the music and his psycho behaviour got me. Nowadays it's any game that's slightly hard.

Comment

Does it have to be beat em' ups?

I'd go for Jet Set Radio - the sewer stage. I got so frustrated I didn't play the game for years. It's only recently that I've finally got past it.

Another would be the two wrestlers you fight in the ring in Final Fight. Those mother...

Comment

Viewtiful Joe.....Fire Leo.

Comment

Originally posted by losersclub View Post
                      Viewtiful Joe.....Fire Leo.
                      Haha aww he's not that bad!
                      Shao Kahn from the recent Mortal Kombat for me (Final battle from the story mode).
                      HATE.

Comment

I cannot get my head around Star Ocean 4: The Last Hope International's tutorial, which means I cannot get my head around the actual game. I have never beaten the first enemy as I simply just don't understand what I'm supposed to be doing.
                        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I know exactly what you mean. I was going through the tutorial steps and doing OK, or so I thought, until it dropped me into a test battle and I was terrible.

Comment

Fire Leo was a nightmare, I never did it after 1000000000000 attempts (actually it was probabaly more attempts than that).

Keep saying I will go back to the game and beat him one day, but I just can't bring myself to try.

Comment

Doesn't help that there's a mini boss rush right before you have to fight him either

Comment

I've only ever really struggled with one boss fight, and that was the sodding Vampire Twins in Illusion of Time/Gaia on the SNES. Cheap ass bastards. Screen filling special attacks which stung like ****, a harsh time limit and to top it all off, once I had FINALLY ended them, I was given a choice of two actions, which would make you believe that if you picked the wrong one you'd have to do it all over again. Evil, thy name is Illusion of Time.

It didn't help that the path to the Dark Zone where you got Tristram from to make the fight SLIGHTLY easier was not the easiest of things to find.

Since then, the only boss fight I've ever come close to rage quitting over was Chaos in the original Dissidia. I'd only leveled Cloud to 100 and I just couldn't win. Thankfully the fight ends quickly either way, but it must have taken at least 50 attempts before winning. In Dissidia 2 I won first time with a level 60 Bartz. Go figure....

Comment

Working...
                                X