That missed bargain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where is ShimmyHill ???

He told me that there were loads of DC arcade sticks in OSB, an indy games store in Norwich, recently for ?10 each.
    But he didnt want one at the time !!

come on shimmy show your face

Comment

Originally posted by lordcookie
      I missed out on getting the N64 version of Bangaio off of ebay because my PC froze at the most annoying time. It went for ?51
      lol, yeah that we me that bought that. Very nice is is to.

Comment

Originally posted by yosai
        I missed out on getting the N64 version of Bangaio off of ebay because my PC froze at the most annoying time. It went for ?51
        lol, yeah that we me that bought that. Very nice is is to.
        . Words fail me.

Comment

JAP Samba di amigo ?60 with another pair of maraccas for only ?25 extra.

Noooooooooooooo (procceds to bang head against wall). ft:

Comment

Originally posted by gIzzE
            Where is ShimmyHill ???

He told me that there were loads of DC arcade sticks in OSB, an indy games store in Norwich, recently for ?10 each.
            But he didnt want one at the time !!

come on shimmy show your face
            One word - GIT

I actually bought my mate 2 of them !

?20 for 2 brand new arcade sticks

My bad

Comment

Comment

OSB apparently now air conditioned!
                Must say those arcade sticks were bargains as was the copy of bangai-o i got for 4.99 brand new! Must say i saw a house of the dead + gun box set in chips (another indie in norwich) recently, didnt have the cash at the time to buy it!

Comment

Chips in Norwich

Samba de Amigo Box set

?25

Nuff said

Comment

How did you manage that one?? Bargain of the century methinks!

Comment

Originally posted by BedroomBusinessman
                      Chips in Norwich

Samba de Amigo Box set

?25

Nuff said

Holy cow :O

Also how many from Norwich ? its good too see !!

Comment

Skies of Arcadia and Bangai-O - ?2.50 each, brand new and sealed, Game in Luton last year!

Comment

Ive seen (And missed) quite a few in my time, although the most recent was probally the Zelda: Majoras mask boxset at my local indie for ?40.

Im a big fan of majoras mask and have only seen that box set in a competion for GamesMaster magazine when the game was released. Im in a clean out of my entire games collection (I simply have to many "special edditions" of games and nik-nacks) so I thought I wont bother. I started to get withdrawl signs from not owning it, so I went to buy it and... You can guess the rest.

Comment

the one that anoyed me the most was a boxed colecovision, with a ton of carts at a local car boot the guy in front of me got it for ?3.00

i console myself by thinking it probably dident work, but as it was only ?3.00 it dosent help much

Comment

I don't usually ressurect old threads, but...

I just can't believe the freaking luck (or bad luck in my case) and i'm still fuming even now, and most possibly for weeks/ months to come.

Anyway, there was an auction for what seemingly was a brand new/ near enough brand new Neo Geo AES which was on the yahoo.jp. I looked at the pic and yeah, the box was more or less unscathed. best condition box i've seen, since most AES sales have tatty boxes. I couldn't get a look at the console since i don't think he took it out.
                              Also the seller had 100% feedback.

The complete package was:

Neo Geo AES boxed with all the standard stuff like joystick, AV cables, AC adaptor, manual.
                              Along with it was a brand new square style/ original joystick with baggie,
                              a new memory card and Fatal Fury Special.

Auction ended 4: 07pm UK time.
                              I went to connect about 30 mins before the end of auction and just my luck, the phone line decided to die and nothing... could not connect to the inhernet, could not phone out or receive calls. At this point i am tearing chunks out of my scalp, cursing, swearing etc. Nearly broke down in tears...ok slight exageration.

Finally when i managed to get connected later on in the evening and find out how much it went, i just didnt know whether to laugh or cry.

In the end, the auction ended at around ?92
                              I knew i could've had that, since i was prepared to spend ?120+
                              That's not including P+P which would be around ?30-?40

Still hacked off, and will be cursing in my sleep.

freaking phone line...

Comment

There is something strangely comforting about seeing other people also miss out on bargains. It's almost like an AA meeting.
                                *sits in the circle*
                                Hi my names Rob and i once decided not to buy Shenmue 2 2nd for 10pound from my local games store. I got it in the end tho for my dreamcast and.... then i left it in the UK. I'VE ONLY PLAYED ON IT FOR ONE HOUR!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X