No announcement yet.

That missed bargain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw Genso Suikoden for the Sega Saturn for 2000yen (about a tenner). Decided that getting Dark Savior and Shining Wisdom for 200 yen each was a better idea. Along with X-Men vs Streetfight + 4mb ram cart for 1000yen

Stupid fool! I've never even seen a copy of it before for the Saturn.

Comment

Around 1997 or 98, i wondered into my local 'solid gold' second hand video game shop and they had a new copy of Panzer Dragoon Saga for ?15. and i didn't buy it as at the time i was a SUPER poor student and couldn't even afford that. That's the one that will haunt me.

and also REZ for DC at ?10

and MvsC2 for DC at ?10

i bit dumb i think.

Comment

Working in EB and selling copies of Panzer Dragoon Saga for ?7.99 during the Saturns demise but never quite getting around to buying the game myself.

Comment

Buying both Caught By The Fuzz and Mansize Rooster on Backbeat Records (limited runs of 250 each) by Supergrass.

And then giving them to my brother.

What, you want games stuff? Well, can I just save an awful lot of time by saying we didn't all buy Samba De Amigo when it was available?

Comment

Panzer Dragoon Saga - Hull gamestation, ?20, could have probaly borrowed the money off my girlfriend at the time but nooo i decided to wait 2 days and its was gone!!!

There is a Castlevania SOTN tale but its too painful to retell

Comment

my dad sold a mint PAL Secret of Mana for ?10 :/ and passed up on a brand new Yoshi's Island big guide box set for ?4.97 despite me naggin him to buy it

Have missed loads of bargains, but there are a fair few I've caught so I can't really complain ^_^

Comment

I've missed too many bargains to mention, but I DID get a minty mint DC, pad, VMU and minty mint JSRF and wait for it . . . Shenmue! all in for ?20
                I'm good

Comment

The one that will haunt me is my friends AES being sold for ?65 with two games but at the time i was naive and poor

Although my happy bargain is street fighter 3rd strike for a magic ?10 mint

Comment

Originally posted by lordcookie
                    Originally posted by yosai
                    Originally posted by lordcookie
                    I missed out on getting the N64 version of Bangaio off of ebay because my PC froze at the most annoying time. It went for ?51
                    lol, yeah that we me that bought that. Very nice is is to.
                    . Words fail me.
                    I could of gotten that for a fiver in game, but had no cash

Comment

What about the missed bargain on Game's deal of the day - an SP for 30 quid

Comment

Originally posted by FreddyKrueger
                        What about the missed bargain on Game's deal of the day - an SP for 30 quid
                        thats is quite a big missed bargin
                        i might have got one if i wasn't collecting my post from the sorting office

Comment

Jesus ******* christ.

Have they ever repeated a bargain?! my brain hurts

Comment

man this is the worst missed bargain ever. I think im going to cry!

Comment

Mine has to be the ?20 Gamecubes at the outlet store of a certain chain of newsagents :\ They were taking phone orders throughout the day and when I finally got a credit card to use they were refusing to mail them, just reserve them for instore collection only.

Comment

and that was the worst bargain ever too. theres a lot to be said for not actually doing any work but sitting on the internet waiting to capitalise on pricing errors, stock blowouts, and generally being a capitalist ****. buying a million then selling them on. but i actually want a gameboy

Comment

Working...
                                X