Anticipating: February 2024

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
    I can't imagine revised controls would work unless they completely overhauled the level design. I guess we'll see. I'll be picking that up. Might be tempted by the Dark Forces remaster but I actually played the original relatively recently so I'm not sure.
    It worked pretty well the last time they did a Tomb Raider 1 Re-make Tomb Raider Anniversary on the 360/Wii/PS3 was pretty well received, as was Tomb Raider legend which it shared an engine with.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post

It worked pretty well the last time they did a Tomb Raider 1 Re-make Tomb Raider Anniversary on the 360/Wii/PS3 was pretty well received, as was Tomb Raider legend which it shared an engine with.
      It was but Anniversary completely redesigned the levels to work with the new controls. From what I gather, this is leaving the original level design as it was.

Comment

I remember the original game's tricks like it was yesterday, if you set up a jump right, you could pretty much never fail. The trick was You'd walk to the edge of a platform (holding R1 stopped you walking off an edge) tap back to hop back exactly one square backwards then press forward run and then jump, she would break into a run and then jump right at the edge of a platform, giving you the perfect running jump every time.

With analogue controls They either need to build a level of forgiveness into the jumps or have a similar system where she wont jump till you are right at the edge of a ledge, they will also no doubt have a rewind function for control mishaps and until people get used to how the game plays.

Comment

Working...
        X