When Do Microtransactions become too much

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brats
    A level 10 or 20 character suddenly appearing in a world that has a range of characters has no negative impact on that world. Obviously no-one wants everyone doing this, so the charge actually makes sense. You don't want such a thing to be free, else the first 19 levels become irrelevant.

Buying your way into an account can be done on ebay... and it's probably the fastest to hit everybody's blacklists.

On FFXI it'd take forever jumping on there with a lvl20 character and trying to work out what to do. Even people that have genuinely worked up to that level sometimes miss the point of their particular job role.

Things get really obvious after that though. If you're in a 50+ party and the Red Mage never uses convert or refresh then there's something very fishy going on. The last thing any party wants is an inexperienced leg-iron that's going to lose everyone thousands of EXP and hours upon hours of time.

Comment

We ❤ maatwerk. Dé expert in maatwerk software oplossingen. We ontwikkelen websites, webapplicaties en vindbaarheid voor jouw SEO-Optimalisatie. Kennismaken?

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG
        interesting debate shame they had to cut it short though

Comment

You can buy a golfer with maxed-out stats, all courses, items unlocked etc for Tiger Woods 07.

Comment

Surely with online RPGS the satisfaction would be in achieving something

I mean if i started devil may cry 3 with all the moves i would have no sense of achievement

Comment

If you can pay (in points) for crappy in game outfits or cheat codes, then at the very least you should be able to earn the same points by completing games and challenges.....

Comment

Originally posted by Samiad
                If you can pay (in points) for crappy in game outfits or cheat codes, then at the very least you should be able to earn the same points by completing games and challenges.....
                I`m new to XBox and before I knew anything about it I actually thought that you did get points after completing achievements to spend at the market place and I also thought you got free points for spending ?40 on the gold subscription, how wrong was I?

You don`t get to be one of the richest men in the world without fleecing some poor bastard in the process. These gamerpics should come free with the game that you`ve just shelled out a whopping ?50 for.

Comment

Some games do come with free gamerpics (table tennis for example) - tbh I don't understand why anyone would pay for any although I have done in the past ><

Comment

The new The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion: Knights of the Nine expansion pack has been announced at 800 points for 360 marketplace, who wins that one?
                    1000 points=?8.50
                    So you are saving ?11.49 from PC retail version which clocks in at RRP of ?19.99, also you have 200 poings spare afterwards.

Comment

Working...
                    X