No announcement yet.

Wii Shopping Channel/Virtual Console Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Might be some interesting possibilities here: http://www.kotaku.com/?refId=220973

Apparently Australians can switch their machine's region code to UK and get access to our VC lineup. I'm going to give this a try and see if it works both ways.

EDIT - Actually, scrub that. I knew they had a 'different' VC range available but it turns out it's the same as ours but without TurboGrafx games. Not much point really.
    Last edited by MattyD; 13-12-2006, 11:53.

Comment

My co-worker just sent me this:
      "My console is set to 50Hz and runs Sonic without borders at full speed. "

So were the problems with Sonic cleared up? Does anyone have borders/slow speed on their Sonic?

Angelo, have you tried deleting Sonic and re-downloading with the component cable? I wonder whether it is detecting your video output before downloading the 'correct' version, or something fruity like this.

edit: It turns out my co-worker was talking bollocks. His Sonic download does have borders, but he was 'used to it', as this was how it was on the megadrive.
      Last edited by Dock; 14-12-2006, 08:42.

Comment

Originally posted by Dock
        edit: It turns out my co-worker was talking bollocks. His Sonic download does have borders, but he was 'used to it', as this was how it was on the megadrive.
        lol brilliant!

Comment

So is there more stuff out on the UK VC this week ? 1080/waverace or mariokart 64 or pilotwings 64 please

Or excitebike

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshimax-UK
            So is there more stuff out on the UK VC this week ? 1080/waverace or mariokart 64 or pilotwings 64 please

Or excitebike
            i wish! i want to play snes or n64 pilotwings aswell as waverace like the good old days. i wish nintendo would just give us some good nintendo games, well more of them instead of ****ty nes ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshimax-UK

Or excitebike
              These are apparently the upcoming Virtual Console releases for Europe:
              Nintendo's official UK magazine has revealed that Gunstar Heroes, Super Contra, Super Castlevania IV and the TurboGrafx…

The VC doesn't seem to have any N64 games for a while. I wonder whether they're trying to nail down a way to do temporary save states on n64 games (so you can quit at any time), similar to the other VC games.

Comment

Originally posted by Dock
                I wonder whether they're trying to nail down a way to do temporary save states on n64 games (so you can quit at any time), similar to the other VC games.
                Probably not. Temporary save states are there only because not having any way to save your old game would be rather bad shock for new / casual players. Plus it always beats down typing passwords. N64 games always had save option so save states aren't that important for them.

Comment

Originally posted by elkatas
                  Probably not. Temporary save states are there only because not having any way to save your old game would be rather bad shock for new / casual players. Plus it always beats down typing passwords. N64 games always had save option so save states aren't that important for them.
                  I don't think Star Fox 64 would be fine without it. I always found that game pretty lengthy, and it has no save states.

Comment

Working...
                  X